Curious (Chloe X Max)

"Stars are pretty tonight," Chloe murmurs as the two lay together on an old truck in the middle of the junkyard. She has her arms tucked behind her head as she gazes up at the sky and one of her best friends, Max Caulfield, lying next to her. 

   "Yes, for sure," Max groans, "What time is it?" 

   Chloe taps her phone. "Nearly midnight. Why; do you want to go back? You're spending the night, and Mom and David," She sneers the man's name, "are gone for the weekend."

   The brown-haired girl shrugs. "I don't really mind either way. I mean, I'm a little tired, but. . ." 

   Chloe grins. "You're getting weaker, Max. You used to be able to stay up much later."

   "I'm getting old, Chloe. That's just what happens."

   The blue-haired girl yawns and stretches out her limbs. "Guess we know who's driving home then," She pulls herself up into a sitting position, extending a hand to Max, "Come on then."

   Max hums quizzically. 

   "Come on, Caulfield, I'll get you back to the truck."

   "Not tired!" The other girl tries to protest, "Come on, Chloe-"

   "No, I'm tired, so let's get home before I pass out." The punk girl smiles. 

   "Mmm. . .fine."

   Max takes Chloe's hand and is swiftly pulled upwards. Max is moved so fast that her face nearly smashes against her friend's, but Chloe stops her body by putting her hands up and stopping her by the chest. This leaves their noses mere centimetres apart.

   The brunette's cheeks instantly turn pink, and she sharply pulls away. Chloe smirks.

   "Oh? What's the matter, Max? Did you get flustered being that close to my face? What, did you think we were going to kiss or something?" She teases, making Max groan.

   "Of course not!" She lies.

   'Yo, this could be the perfect time to mess with Max a little. . .seeing her all cute and flustered is definitely an added bonus.' 

   She reaches out and gently tucks a strand of hair behind Caulfield's ear. "Hmm? Would it really be so bad? I mean, I've always been a little curious about what it would be like. . .Haven't you been curious as well, Max Caulfield?"

   Chloe subtly leans a little closer to her companion as the other sharply looks away. "I've. . .never really thought about it."

   She turns Max's head back to hers. "Don't you wanna try?"

   Max gulps. "I-um. . ."

   They both speak at the same time.

   "-Chillax, Max, I was just teasing you."

   "-Yes. Sure." 

   They both stare at each other, Max absolutely mortified. 

   "O-Oh, so, you didn't really mean that?"

   Chloe scratches her cheeks. "Well, to be completely honest, I guess, I didn't realize I meant it until I actually said it out loud. . .So, if you're really up for it. . ."

   The brunette smiles. "Okay, Chloe."

   Chloe touches the side of Max's face and kisses her gently. Caulfield closes her eyes and instinctively kisses back.

   The blue-haired girl pulls back slightly a moment later, staring her partner in the eye. They look at each other for another moment longer before Max leans in and kisses her again. 

   Once they've had enough of each other, Chloe hops off of the truck and holds her hand out to Max.

   "C'mon, Maxie. Let's head back to my place, yeah?"

   The brunette accepts her hand.

   "What are your plans for once we get back there?"

   "Wouldn't you like to know. . .get that nervous look off of your face, Max, I would never do anything to you that you wouldn't want. We're just going home." 

   Caulfield lets out a sigh of relief. "Don't scare me like that, Chloe."

   Chloe snorts. "Come on, dumbass. Your chariot awaits."