Chloe's Birthday (Chloe x Max x Rachel)

"Happy birthday!" Rachel sings, trotting up to the blue-haired girl with a gift in hand, Max following close behind. 

   Chloe frowns, raising her eyebrow. "It's not my birthday?"

   "Huh?" Max peers around the blonde, "Today's March eleventh, isn't it? That's your birthday!"

   Chloe blinks. "It is?"

   Rachel rolls her eyes. "I know you know that," She glances at Max, "She never let me celebrate her birthday while you were off in Seattle either."

   The brunette's eyebrows raise. "Seriously?" She glares at Chloe, "Party hat on, now."

   The blue-haired girl frowns. "I don't even have one."

   "Don't worry; I bought us some."

   Rachel shoves the present into Chloe's hands. "Max and I both chipped in for this. Open." She commands. 

   "Rachel-"

   "Open."

   She exhales sharply through gritted teeth before obediently opening it. She looks at what's inside, eyes widening in delight.

   "Yo, no way, are these Twenty One Pilots vinyls?! These are sick, guys, thanks!"

   "See?" Max grins proudly, "Birthdays can be fun! I'm sure you've had plenty of other fun birthdays to back that up! Remember when we went to that arcade?"

   Chloe raises an eyebrow. "Ah, right, the one right before you left without a word and didn't keep in touch?"

   The brunette deflates. "That's not the point. . .why'd you stop celebrating?"

   Rachel leans forward and kisses the birthday girl's cheek. "I've heard this story, so I'm going to get started on the cake." She murmurs before disappearing into the kitchen.

   "I," Chloe shrugs helplessly, "There was never really time or concern in my home for my birthday growing up. It was fun celebrating with you, and for a few hours, it felt like it mattered but then you left. . ."

   "Why not celebrate with Rachel then?" The other points out.

   "Oh, you know how I was then. And even then, it wouldn't be the same," She smiles slightly, "If I had the choice-which, apparently I don't, I'd celebrate with both of you. So maybe that's why I'm less upset about you guys springing a birthday-"

   "You can't spring someone's own birthday on them-"

   "And the gift is pretty cool, so," Chloe grins, "Let's go watch Rachel struggle to bake." 

   Max links her arm through the other's. 

   "Sounds good."

-

   Max is passed out on Rachel's shoulder, snuggled right up to her. The birthday girl is holding her free arm, smiling lazily at the blaring television.

   The blonde looks over at her, stifling a yawn. "So, did you have a good birthday? Did Max and I do a good job?"

   Chloe nods. "S'good. Hate to admit it, but s'good."

   Rachel looks pleased. "Wonderful. We'll do the same thing next year. And the year after that. And the years after that until death."

   "I. . .Okay, whatever."

   Rachel hums, pulling Chloe closer and draping her arm around her shoulders. She kisses her forehead and gives her a slight nuzzle.

   "Happy birthday. I'm glad it was a good one because you deserve it."