I'll Always Love You, Chloe Price (Chloe x Rachel and Chloe x Max)

"Max is a really neat girl, you know." 

   Chloe sighs, removing the cigarette from her mouth and sitting up, propping herself up on the pillows on the motel bed. She takes another quick drag before offering it to Rachel, who smiles and shakes her head slightly. She shrugs, taking yet another drag.

   "Max Caulfield? Yeah, she really is."

   Rachel sits on the end of the bed, crossing one leg over the other. She yawns, gazing out the window.

   "You two. . .you guys are going to work out. I mean, she sacrificed a whole fucking town for you! I mean, how do you even begin to start paying someone back for something like that?"

   Chloe bites her lip. "Wow. . .I never even considered that."

   The blonde smiles. "But I wouldn't worry about it. Max is a kind, understanding girl. I don't think you'll have to do much; just be there for her."

   Chloe grins. "That I can do. I love that silly, little hipster."

   Rachel hums. "You picked a real winner, Price. You two make way more sense than we ever did."

   The blue-haired girl reaches out to her. "Don't say that. We did just fine together." 

   "Mmm. . .We had our moments," Rachel reasons, "But we were also both going through some rough times, so who knows how that would've turned out? It makes much more sense for you to be with Max."

   Chloe's brow furrows. " But we were in love. . .You loved me too, right?"

   She nods, eyes softening. "Of course I did, Chloe. And if circumstances were different, we would probably still be together. But I'm just saying I love you and Max together."

   The blue-haired girl finally cracks a smile, finishing off her cigarette. "I love us together too. ." She glances out the window and then back at Rachel, "I guess I just wish you were still here."

   The blonde doesn't respond. Chloe frowns, reaching out to touch Rachel, but her hand goes right through her.

   Her shoulders slump, defeated, and she leans back against the pillow.

   "Oh. That's right."

   The motel door swings open, and Max enters, holding a bag of miscellaneous items. She locks eyes with Chloe and beams, brightening the punk's heart. 

   "I'm back." The photographer announces.

   "You're back." Chloe agrees and then glances back to where Rachel was and finds nothing.

   Max frowns, coming over to the bed and sitting down next to her. "Are you feeling alright, Chloe? You look a little pale. . ." 

   "Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking about Rachel again. . .I miss her."

   The brunette pulls her into a hug. "I know. She sounds like she was a wonderful girl. But at least she got her revenge, right?"

   Chloe snorts. "That's one way to look at it, I guess."

   Max pulls away and smiles at her. "Let's go get some air before the sun sets completely, okay? It's really nice out."

   The punk nods. "Alright, sure."

   Max stands, hauling her girlfriend to her feet. They start to pass through the door, and as they do, Chloe cranes her neck over her shoulder and mumbles, "I'll always love you still, Rachel Amber."

   And the response?

   "I'll always love you, Chloe Price."