Is There Room For Second Chances? (Chloe x Max)

Max takes a deep breath, trying to calm her nerves as she stands on the doorstep of Chloe's house (if she still lives here.)

   This would be her first time seeing Chloe since returning to Arcadia Bay-without keeping in touch or any warning, mind you. But still, she wants to see her again.

   Was this a bad idea? Probably. But it's something that has to be done. 

   She reaches up and knocks on the door before taking a small step backwards. A moment later, the door is opened up by a familiar face, if not a tiny bit more wrinkled.

   "Max Caulfield?!"

   She smiles nervously. "H-Hi Joyce. Is, uh, is Chloe here?"

   ". . .Yeah."

   "Uh. . .Can I see her?"

   "I'll check. Wait here."

   The door is slammed in Max's face.

   'Yeah. . .I guess that's fair after what I did.'

   A minute and a bit later, the door is opened by none other than Chloe Price herself. And boy has she changed. From her gorgeous blue hair to her tattoo sleeve to her fabulous punk attire-this was no longer the girl she left behind.

   Chloe crosses her arms over her chest, raising an eyebrow at her. "Well, well, well. If it isn't Max fucking Caulfield."

   Max scuffs her shoe awkwardly. ". . .Come on, at least pretend to be happy to see me."

   "After what you did?"

   The brunette rolls her shoulders. "Yeah, I know, that was kind of shitty. When I left, you weren't in the greatest place. But then again, I didn't exactly make my parents move, aha. . ."

   Chloe stuffs her hands in her pockets. "You couldn't even manage a postcard or a text or something?"

   "I. . .Huh. Yeah, I guess. I'm really sorry about that. But I'm here now, Chloe! I've come back here for you."

   "Oh, please. You came back here for Blackwell and Jefferson, huh? I'm not an idiot, Max! So do you want to try saying why you're here again?"

   Max stares at her feet. ". . .I'm really sorry. Let me try making it up to you. Come on. I really missed you. I'll do whatever you want, okay? Let's go to Two Whales and get coffee or lets go walk along the beach or-"

   "You can buy me some crack."

   Max's eyes practically buldge out of her head. "Crack?!"

   Chloe laughs, holding the door open wider. "Ha, you should've seen your face! Nah, I don't go that hard. C'mon upstairs; we can talk there."

   "Really? Thanks!"

-

   "This room seems so different from the last time I was here," Max mumbles, wandering around the Chloe's room.

   The blue-haired girl flops down on her bed with a heavy sigh. "Yeah, well it has been years since you've stepped foot in here. . .or called. . .or answered my texts."

   Max wrings her hands. "Again. . .sorry about that. What can I do to begin making it up to you?"

   "Mmm, I'm sure I'll think of something you can do for me eventually. In the meantime, why don't you go turn on the radio?"

   "Sure thing."

   The brunette crosses the room and switches it on. Chloe smiles and starts bobbing her head slightly, starting to sing along to Marina and the Diamonds.

   "I didn't know you were into this kind of music." Max comments.

   Chloe shrugs. "What can I say? I like everything. Except country." She sneers. 

   The brunette snorts. "Oh, the light from the window is hitting you really nicely. Here, let me get a picture-"

   She digs around her bag before finding her camera, snapping a picture of Chloe before she can blink. She takes the photo from the camera and gives it a shake before examining it.

   "Looking good."

   She sets it down on the desk before joining Chloe on the bed. The two sit in silence for a while before Max turns her head.

   "You know that I really am sorry."

   "Yeah, you've only said that a bajillion times, Max. It's whatever, okay? You're here now."

   "I. . .Do you think you'll forgive me?"

   Chloe thinks for a moment. ". . .Not sure. But I think it would be pretty shitty of me if I didn't at least give you a second chance, right?"

   "Totally up to you." Max promises. 

   The blue-haired girl smiles and nudges her shoulder. "Let's just let bygones be bygones, yeah? Let's just start over, actually," She holds her hand out, "Yo, I'm Chloe Price."

   The brunette smiles and takes her hand. "Such a pretty name. . .I'm Max Caulfield."

   "Max," Chloe grins deviously, "Is that short for Maxine?"

   The brunette groans.