18. AFTERWORD

your scent is like the earth

your scent is like the earth. fresh, raw and brazen under a sinking sun. so let me take you along.

nine months ago, i found myself staring at the midnight sky, confused and anxious, like any other seventeen year old would be. this is life, i thought often but i didn't want it to be that way.

and i didn't feel real in this world so, i got lost in the stories of the people i didn't know & of places i have never been. we met cordelia, a lone time traveller, a child lost in a world that called her insane, a boy growing up and returning home, and finally, me.

the world is a little different when you're sitting in your balcony, staring up at the sky.

you are exhausted, you're tired, you're sleep deprived. and all you want to do, is run. but you can't. you have responsibilities that burden your back like a child's school bag.

you have friends, you have family yet you never tell them that you're sad. because why would you? you can't afford to worry someone you love.

so there you go, challenging the world like achilles challenged hector. and ever so often, when i'm sitting in my balcony, i think about you.

i think about how you're looking at orion right now. and maybe, i wrote about people i've never met and places i've never seen because of fate. so that you could read them someday.

and know that whenever you feel alone, look up, and see orion with hope.

because i'm looking at it too.

mas.