Part 9

I stumbled with my feet and tried to remain calm. A million thoughts were roaming in my head while I tried to act like it was nothing.

"You don't look alike much." were the only words my mind could create.

"That's because he is my stepbrother. My share a father," he said nonchalantly like it was nothing.

Well, maybe for him it really was nothing.

My face became pink thinking I could have put myself in a horrible situation when I would waltz to the party with him.

"It's okay, I got that you might not want people to know what's your work. I'm totally fine with it." he put a hand on my shoulder and only then I understood.

Shit! He knew what I did for a living. It slipped out of my mind.

"Yea, it's... Well, it's my job, yes" smooth Anna.

"I don't mind. But if we ever date, you will have to find something else." he winked at me seductively.

I just rolled my eyes and decided to ignore his comment.

We sat outside of the coffee shop with our ice lattes and had quite a nice chat. I tried my best not to think that Noah was Liam's brother but every time I looked at him I remembered Liam. Would it be so bad to use him as Lora suggested?

"... And that's why I needed the second degree. Sometimes I help Liam with his software at Sweet talk but only when my father insists on it." irritation in his voice was so obvious that I couldn't ignore it.

"Why you don't like him so much?" I asked.

"It's not that I don't like him. It's just that he hates my mother because our father left his mother for mine. That's why we aren't close. But I don't mind." he shook his head and sipped his coffee.

Noah actually was an interesting guy but no way in hell would I be his next one. He had the reputation of a boy-slut, jumping on every opportunity or might I say on every girl that appeared to him.

"Okay, I'm out. Thanks for the coffee." I drank the remains and stood up to walk when he took my hand and stood up.

"Listen, I know I may not look like a decent guy to you but I am not that bad. I think we have more in common than you think." his words sounded so sincere.

"I don't think I have such an enthusiasm for flannel shirts." I smiled softly.

"Touché." he bowed his head and returned my smile. "But still. I think we should at least go out. One date. And I promise I will behave." his pleading eyes melted my heart.

"Okay. Friday 8 PM. You can take me out after work. No clubs, burger dinner, and I must be home till midnight." I instructed crossing my hands over my chest.

"Wow. That's very informative. Can I at least prepare a surprise for you?"

"Sure. But it better not be flowers or something cheesy." I warned him.

"You truly are a strange one." he teased me. "Okay, I will see you on Friday. At least I have time to think of something for you."

We waved our goodbyes and parted ways.

The next couple of days were miserable. I studied hard for my exams and had loads of work. The only pleasant time I had was with my mystery only of many. I got used to seeing him online after midnight and we spent the most intense hours of heavenly online sex and talks about what we would like to try in real life.

And speaking of Liam, I haven't seen him properly after our night together. All I had were a couple of work messages and one encounter at the office when I worked not from home. I was answering Noah on my social media when I heard a growl from behind. He made a remark that I should work on my working hours and stormed back to his office.