Part 12

I didn't remember when I came home with Lora but we did have a blast. We drank and danced. A lot. Till morning.

I groaned in pain when I heard my phone ringing. Not finding it on the nightstand I tried to find it under the bed with my hand but fell off it with a loud thud.

"Ugghhh. I'm gonna kill whoever calls me" I roared painfully and crawled to the sound finally finding the phone near the window in the pile of my clothes.

When I saw the name I felt like I was going to puke. I debated if I should pick it up but after the ringing ended and started again and I knew I had no choice.

"What?" I asked while trying to crawl back on the bed.

"We need to talk." Liam pronounced.

"I don't think so. I have two days off, so if you want to talk to me mister Jones, I can visit your office on Monday during my shift. But that only if you have work to discuss with me." by the time I gave birth to this long and painful phrase I laid back on the bed and cocooned in the blanket.

I heard a sight on the other side of the phone and a long pause.

"Devina, if you could only give me a chance to tell you how good I know you and open up a little-" he started but I had no interest in listening to him.

"It's Anna. Good day to you, sir" I hung up the phone throwing it somewhere on the bed, and went back to sleep.

I made my choice yesterday. And it was my new plan.

After some more sleeping, a shower, a breakfast, and a strong cup of coffee I felt much better.

I took my phone and with trembling hands texted Noah.

"Hey, you. Can we meet today?"

I got the response within minutes and smiled sheepishly.

"Finally. The conversation better be good because I'm taking you to the beach and if you tell me to fuck off I will drown myself."

I answered back and went to make myself presentable.

"If you wear a flannel shirt you better meet the ocean before I drown you with my own hands."

When I arrived at the beach, I thought Noah would pull some romantic shit but what I saw made my eyes shine.

There were two ATVs on the secluded beach and Noah was standing with two helmets.

"I thought you would like to clear your head before we talk. And what clears your head better than the wind in your face?" he stretched his hand that was holding a shiny red helmet to me.

His other hand was holding this beautiful matt black helmet with a skeleton on the side.

I snatched the black one from him and quickly put it on.

"Like I would wear a shiny helmet" I teased him and hopped on an ATV.

He tried to say something but my engine roared and I took off speeding so it would be hard for him to catch up with me.

I felt so amazing. Leaving everything aside and pushing the speed button. Every bump of the sand made me jump up. The sandy beach on one side and the ocean on the other side with me in the middle. I pushed the button to the max and felt tears in my eyes. I was holding so much inside of me and piled it up. It hovered over me for many years. All the pain I felt for my mom and me. All the hate for my so-called father. How stupid I was to live my life like that.

I cried harder by the time I saw the end of the beach. I tried to turn around but didn't lower the speed and ATV crashed into the sand while maneuvering the turn. I flew to the side and landed hard on my back.

I laid on the sand looking at the sky that was getting darker every minute and laughed.

Noah was near me in mere seconds helping me to take off the helmet.

"Are you okay? I shouldn't have let you ride alone. I am so sorry." he checked me on injuries worriedly but stopped seeing my watery eyes and a big smile on my face.

"Anna, tell me you're okay, please." his eyes looked so worried it made my heart skip a beat.

"I'm fine. I'm honestly and truly fine. I think I am great even." I smiled at him. "I'm so hungry. Let's get something to eat."

After four tacos from the street wagon, I was finally full. It was hilarious to look how Noah tried to eat a taco without losing the stuffing on the ground.

"I think it's made to piss off hungry people." he snorted.

"I think you skipped the part at kindergarten when they teach you how to eat and use cutlery." I laughed.

"Very funny." he put the taco on the paper plate and downed his Cola. "So tell me, do I have a chance?" he asked.

"You do have a chance to get beaten up if you wear a flannel shirt." I teased. "Or you have a chance to attend private lessons on dinner etiquette. I have lots of examples for you." I smiled innocently.

"Are you going to tease me or finally rip that Band-Aid off?" he sucked the last drops of Cola through the tube looking into my eyes.

"Okay, fine." I finally said.

"Okay fine as I-will-be-your-caring-girlfriend or okay fine I-will-answer-your-question?" he cocked his brow at me.

"You're making me regret my decision right now," I rolled my eyes and stood up.

I was just leaving the table's area when Noah lifted me up and twirled me in his hands.

"Fuck I'm happy!" he screamed making people look at us and making "aawww" sounds.

"Just put me down before I change my mind!" I laughed holding to his neck for dear life.

He finally put me down and circled his hands around my waist. His blue eyes were looking so bright at that moment that I totally melt in them. I reached up and kissed him. The kiss wasn't long but short enough to make me feel he was getting hard. Awkward.

We pulled apart smiling at each other like little kids.

"You taste like tacos" he pecked my lips.

"And you taste like Cola" I then pecked him back.

"See, I told you we are a perfect match." he hugged me and then led me to his bike.

We both had classes tomorrow so he gave me a ride home kissed me passionately and told me he would call me from home.

I came back to the apartment feeling butterflies in my stomach. But I wasn't sure if it was just from the great evening in total or from Noah.

I shook my head thinking I was overthinking and went to bed.

I still had to study for a while before my sleep. When I was about to dose off I received a message from Noah.

"Good night babe. Hope to see you in my dreams."

Yuck.

_________________________

Well well well...

Take a girl to ride an ATV, feed her good and you got yourself a girlfriend :D