scars | mha

Mha - fanfiction

Trigger warning: slight mentions of cut*ing; bullying

None of the characters are mine

(No ships!)

Word count: 1357 words

*Izukus pov*

After years of bullying midoriya izuku has many scars that litter his body.
Some selfinflicted some from his bullies trying out their quirks on an easy target.

The most visible one is a handprint on his right shoulder where Kacchan had burnt his skin through the uniform when he said he wanted to be a hero. It had left a dark angry burn like the one on Todoroki-kuns left eye.

Now normally izuku would just cover it up with make-up and a special kind of wax and leave it be, but this morning he was in a rush for he had slept through his two alarms like the deku he was. So came it that he forgot to cover up his most prominent scar.

Unfortunately today was the day Aizawa sensei decided to go train on the beach. When he announced it during homeroom every one was excited to go while a certain Broccoli haired boy remembered the lack of his waterproof make-up on his shoulder and started to panick a bit.

But when the boy noticed that his friends watched him a little worried as he was mumbeling like a madman, he took a few deep breaths to calm his nerves. Whatever would happen would happen.

Normally when they were changing izuku would wait till everybody was done and then do it after they all left the room. But today they would see all his scars anyway, so it didn't really matter.

Only a few seconds after the greenette dropped his shirt the airy mood in the changing room seemed to drop too. Shocked silence streched out in the room for nobody dared to utter a word. Freezing at the silence the boy stood unmoving with his back facing the other boys.

He felt the eyes of his classmates bore holes in his back, staring at his patchy and unclean scars.
Izuku knew he thought earlier, that it didn't matter if the others saw his scars or not but now that they did... he didn't know what to do.

"Midoriya...?" The greenette slowly turned around to face his friend todoroki who was wearing a shocked expression instead of his normal stoic one. "How... how did you get these scars?" Todoroki's stare faltered when he saw the big angry scar on izuku's right shoulder. Izuku stood frozen luckily not from Todoroki's quirk.

His other classmates had simular expressions plastered on their faces as the half and half boy. Some looked confused others looked horrified not because midoriya looked horried no but because they were scared of the sheer amount of scars that littered the young boy's body. But not one of them was as bad as the one on his shoulder.

Izuku felt cold sweat cover his entire body as he began to tremble under the amount of eyes staring at him. He didn't know what to answer. He didn't know what to do. He felt trapped. Vunerable. Like an easy target.

For a split seconde he locked eyes with bakugou who looked just as mortified as he felt guilt and shock evident in his ruby red eyes. That was it. The thing that gave him this last little nudge. He suddenly couldn't breathe anymore and fell to his knees.

He couldn't hear the panicked voices of his classmates. He didn't notice how todoroki caught his fall and tried to shake him out of his panick attack or how bakugou left to get Aizawa sensei.

In his panick midoriya's quirk decided to act up so that todoroki had to let go of the frightened boy. Otherwise he might have been shocked by one of the green lightnings running over the boy's skin.

Only when he aprubtly felt his quirk disappear the greenette look up to see a concerned eraserhead kneeling infront of him with his quirk activated. The teacher reached out to plug his young students fingers out of his hair where they had been buried to tear the roots out.

It was a habit that izuku had formed after he stopped cutting at the beginning of his training with All Might. Like the mumbeling he never really knew when he did it so that during his panick attack his hands found his hair by themselves.

But when suddenly his teacher reached out towards him he flinched away. Too trapped inside his own mind to remember that Aizawa sensei would never intentionally hurt him.

Aizawa was taken aback by this but collected himself quickly not having the time to think this over while a student was crying and hyperventilating.
Slowly and this time more carefully he again reached out for his problem child and engulfed him in an hopefully comforting hug.

"Calm down, midoriya. You need to breathe ok?" Aizawa kept his voice quiet and low to calm the trembling boy in his arms. After repeating his words a few times Aizawa noticed how the greenette seemed to regain his breathing and slowly quietened down.

He let go of his student deactivating his own quirk then shooing the rest of the boys and the few stray girls that noticed the commotion and came to see what happened out of the room closing the door behind them.
He then turned back around to the problem child, his student, who was still sitting on the floor.

Izuku looked up at his teacher and took the hand held out to him. Aizawa sensei pulled him up off the floor and guided him to one of the benches in the room to sit down on.

Aizawa sat down next to the greenette, leaving enough space for it to not be uncomfortable for the boy.

"You want to tell me how you got those?"

The greenette knew that if he told his teacher bakugou would get into trouble. Probably big time. Maybe even get kicked out of UA. Izuku didn't want that. He didn't want to be the reason that kacchan wouldn't be able to become a hero any more, so he shook his head no.

Aizawa next to him heaved a heavy sigh. "It's alright, problem child. But i reckognize burn scars when i see them. Those that you have are from small explosions... and we both know whom that kind of quirk belongs to."

Izuku's eyes glittered with big tears rolling down his cheeks again for the second time today. He couldn't keep it in anymore. He told Aizawa everything.
He told him about growing up quirkless.
He told him about how his dad abandoned him, how his childhood friend started bullying him.
About middle school where many of his classmates used him as a guinea pig for their quirks and how the teachers didn't really care.

Izuku let out all his pain infront of his sensei whom he knew he could trust for he had cared and stayed with him as he had his panick attack.

Soon enough the teacher once more hugged his hurting student tears stinging in his eyes the need to protect his student vibrating deep with in him.

After having told him his story izuku made eraserhead promise not to let katsuki get thrown out and not to tell toshinori about any of this. Begrudgingly his teacher did.

Because of what happened the training at the beach was canceled but none of the boys wanted to go anymore anyway.
They instead opted for a film marathon in the group room of their dorms with izuku aloud to pick the first film.

A few days later bakugou came to speak to midoriya. He calmly told izuku that he was being suspended for the next 4 months and had to do community service during that time for unlicensed quirk usage and suicide baiting.

When bakugou then went to thank him for not telling their classmates and apologies for what he did the Broccoli haired boy couldn't believe his ears.

Kacchan actually apologized...

He cried then and there wearing the most genuine smile since years.

He felt finally a little happy...