drinking buddies | Alexander Hamilton

Alexander Hamilton fanfiction

None of these characters are mine.

Ships: Alexander x Eliza

Summary: After Eliza's and Alexander's wedding, Angelica decides to drown her sorrow in alcohol. Alone. Until someone suddenly takes a seat next to her, seemingly sitting in the same boat as her...

Word count:    557 words

*Angelica's pov*

She had cried during her toast to the now married couple. Everyone had thought it was because she was so happy for her little sister, when in reality her heart had stung so hard that she hadn't been able to keep the tears in.

Sighing she downed another shot that burned her throat. The burn felt comforting and made her forget a bit about her sorrow.

The door of the pub swung open but Angelica didn't turn around instead ordering another drink not caring about how lady-like she looked.

Somebody took a seat next to her.

"I take a shot", a deep smooth voice demanded. She frowned. Somehow she felt like she knew this voice and for a moment she felt panic bubble inside her chest.

Angelica was supposed to be a lady! In her mind she now scolded herself for not caring before.
As the first born she had to climb the social ladder and be an epitome of perfection. Yet here she was; drinking like the world was ending after her sister got married to the man of her dreams.
Definitely not very lady-like.

"Angelica?!"

She froze and slowly turned to the man sitting next to her. Of course it had to be John Laurens; Alexander's best friend. With red puffy eyes.
That was when she decided that she just didn't care who saw her. Not breaking eye contact to laurens she took his shot glass and downed it.
His shocked expression turned into a frowning one. He sighed and ordered another one.

"That was mine..."

Angelica rolled her eyes at his grimm statement. "Oh boo hoo." She said sarcastically.
" Help a lady out *hic* will ya? My sister *hic* took my man and i take *hic* your drinks" she added smirking dumbly then her eyes widened mirrowing laurens shocked expression once again.
Oops; she hadn't meant to say that much.

Laurens face morphed into a blank expression. He turned away from the drunken lady who apparently had the same secret he kept and downed his shot; reordering another one at the same time. He then turned back to her a pink tint on his cheeks. 'Lightweight' Angelica thought.

"Who...who said he waz yourz? Before I-i mean...", he then asked accusingly but in a hushed tone.

Suddenly Angelic understood. Those small stolen glances, the many hugs and the hint of blush laurens always wore around Alexander. She understood it all.

A thought formed inside her head that made her smile sadly.
'She was not alone in her misery'
She sighed and patted laurens soft curly hair almost missing his head in the process.

"I guess we *hic* are sitzing in the same boat."

They both drank many more shots this night to forget they never to shoot theirs.

That night they didn't grow close friends but it was the start of an aquaintanceship founded on an mutual feeling of misery and heart ache. But fate is a strange thing and they both knew Alexander Hamilton would never be satisfied....

The end.