Back off

"Me or her. It's simple John B." You stared at him.

John B just happily told you that Sarah Cameron was going to join your Royal Merchant hunt. With her being your worst enemy, you couldn't be angrier. John B was your best friend since third grade. So you wouldn't expect him dropping you for Sarah Cameron like that.

"Y/n I told you, I can't just choose between you." You sighed deeply. "Well, that's an answer too." You looked down for a second, not wanting to say it, but you had to. Crossing your arms, you looked at him.

"Than I'm out."

John B's eyes widened. "What?" He asked in disbelief. "You heard me." He clearly wasn't expecting this. "You can't just leave. We did this together" he yelled. That made you madder.

"Yes! Exactly. Together! Only the pogues. Not with a kook like Sarah Cameron. You know what she did to me when-" You couldn't finish your sentence.

John B roughly grabbed your arm. You slightly winced at the pain his right grip was giving you. "Will you shut up about yourself for a second!" John B screamed in your face. You were shocked by his reaction. You never knew he could be this rough. With a little scared expression, you looked into his eyes.

"It's not just about you, Y/n. Don't think this whole world spins around you, alright?!"

He raised his arm. Pointing at your face. Little did he know, you grew up with a problematic father. So seeing this made you flinch, thinking he was going to hit you. John B obviously didn't notice. His grip around your arm began to hurt more, definitely leaving bruises. Tears welled up in your eyes.

"Just because you don't like it doesn't mean-"

"Hey!"

You looked to your side and saw JJ running up to you. He quickly pushed John B off you. Immediately, you grabbed your arm rubbed it softly. Trying to soften the pain he gave you.

"Back off!" JJ yelled into John B's face. He turned to you and laid a hand on your cheeks. You flinched a bit. Really not liking any physical touch right now. JJ instantly got the hint and let you go.

"You okay?" You had to swallow the tears. "I'm fine." Before he could say anything you walked into the Chateau. Quickly walking to the bedroom and slamming the door shut.

JJ turned back at John B. He was furious. "What the fuck man?!" He yelled and gave John B a push to his chest.

"Dude, chill she's fine." John B tried to shrug it off.

"Were you gonna hit her if I didn't step in?!" JJ looked into his eyes with a furious look. Clenching his jaw. John B rolled his eyes. "No of course not" he sighed annoyed.

JJ kept staring at him. "I think she thought otherwise" he said before walking after you. With a soft knock, he opened the door slightly. Seeing you sitting on the end of the bed with your head in your hands, silently crying.

JJ sat beside you and took you carefully into his arms. "Shh, it's okay" he said. "I'm sorry, I just-" you sobbed. JJ rubbed the back of your head. "No no, it's okay. I've got you."

After a few minutes, you sat straight and wiped your cheeks. "Sorry I overreacted. I didn't mean to-" JJ cut you off. "No, you didn't. You didn't overreact, you have every right to cry and be upset." You nodded with a small smile. "Thanks."

Suddenly, a knock was heard on the door. Seconds later, John B walked into the room. "I want to apologize" he said. JJ got up and said he would give you two a moment.

John B took JJ's place right next to you. "I'm really sorry. I didn't think about what I was doing. I knew about your father and I should've known that what I did could hurt you. And I should've known that you and Sarah don't get along." You were a bit surprised by his words. Never have you heard him talk so sentimental and sincere. It softened your heart, to be honest, he was truly sorry.

"It's alright."

"Really?" You nodded, knowing you couldn't stay mad at your best friend for long. "If we can talk about the Sarah thing later." John B nodded. "Of course."

"Friends?"

"Friends."

------

A/N

Another imagine. Let me know what you think and if you have any tips.

Bye <3