New life (2)

part 2!

Three weeks later

The last three weeks haven't been at all what you imagined life with your father to be like. First of all, you haven't had any time together, he had literally no time to have quality time with you. Second, he forced you to attend a lot of events pretending to be the daughter Sarah was. But the worst was, that you two got into a lot of arguments. He literally wouldn't take no for an answer and because of that he sometimes got a little violent.

You really missed your mom. He barely asked about her and never mentioned her. It's like she was completely forgotten.

You loathed this life. All the money and status didn't suit you. You often watched Sarah's friend group with jealousy. They had so much freedom, so much fun, and could do whatever they wanted.

JJ crossed your path a few times. He was really sweet to you and you liked having small conversations with him. You didn't want Ward to find out though.

A few days ago Ward literally slapped your cheek because you didn't listen to him. You were afraid of what else he was capable of.

Today, there is a drink with many people Ward wanted you to go to. You were already so sick of it. If you didn't get out of this life now, you would be stuck until you're 80.

"Ward?" You knocked on his office door. "Yes. Come in, Y/n." Opening the door, you saw him sitting at his desk with a bunch of papers in front of him. His office was bigger than your room. Nervously you stepped inside.

"Can I talk to you?"

He nodded. When you stood in front of his desk, you suddenly questioned why the hell you were doing this. But more importantly, why were you so nervous? He was your father, I'm sure he would understand, right?

"I uhm- I wanted to talk to you. Because I don't want to spend my life here all dressed up and going to boring events. I just want to live my life, be young, and do stupid things. My mom let me do that and since I've been here I've done everything but that."

You avoided eye contact, but when you finally looked up Ward was frowning. "What are you talking about? I already told you this. Because Sarah left this family you need to be-"

"Yes that is the problem. You want me to be Sarah, but I'm not. I can't replace her, Dad. I don't want to."

Angrily, he stood up. "Why would you say such things? Can't you just stop thinking about yourself and do what this family needs?" He walked toward you until he stood right in front of you. Thinking about the argument a few days ago, you immediately took a step back.

"Dad, please. I don't want this life." Tears formed in your eyes.

"You're seriously complaining about this life? About all the money? The big house we have, the pool, our yacht? Do you want to live on the Cut, Y/n?! You want to work every day for little money and live in a poor and dilapidated house?! " He shouted angrily. He was so not getting your point, it frustrated you. A tear rolled down your cheek.

"No you don't understand, I-" you were cut off. "I think I do understand, Y/n!"

It happened so fast. All of a sudden you were on the ground. One side of your face was in pain which grew by the second. Before you could comprehend what was going on, you felt another harsh beat against your face.

"Why won't you listen to me?!" You heard your father's voice above you.

He crouched in front of you and grabbed the collar of your shirt. He lifted you and looked at you. You could barely see him through the tears in your eyes and your head spun with dizziness.