03 ✰ This feels like a fever dream?

"If only there could be another way to do this
'Cause it feels like murder to put your heart through this
I know I always said that I could never hurt you
Well, this is the very, very last time I'm ever going to"

✧ ✧ ✧

"I will kill you

"I will kill you." "I will actually fucking kill you."

The calm voice repeated in my head as I was laying down on my bed, biting my nails anxiously. My spine shivering when I remember it.

Was he serious? Was he actually gonna kill me?

I mean he sure did look like he was capable of it, he has a temper, I know it. The way he held a gun to my head, threatening me with my life but somehow still maintaining a calm tone to his low voice.

He asked me about those puzzle boxes, how could he possibly know about them?

I shake my head, taking my phone from my bedside table, scrolling thru my playlist, in hopes of distracting myself somehow.

I couldn't stop thinking about his tall figure standing in my room, the way he carried himself so calmly even though he was threatening to possibly shoot me in my own fucking house. He didn't even tell me his name, I have no idea who he is.

Thank god Bonnie came in, god knows what I would've done if she hadn't showed up.

It was a pain in the ass trying to explain to her what the hell I was doing after he left my room, I lied.

I told her we hooked up to go along with the lie he made up, after all I was very much terrified of what he could've done if I told her the truth. It's not like he would've known though, right?

But then again, I wouldn't risk telling anyone. Something about him just doesn't sit right with me, how confident he is, I have a feeling he walks into any place like he owns it.

Still though I felt like that wasn't the end, it was only the beginning.

A knock on my bedroom door interrupts my train of thoughts. " Come in!!" I yell over the loud music.

I turn my head to the side, looking at the wooden door, I see Lane coming in. Lane is a white middle aged lady, she helped my mom with stuff like cooking and shores around the house, I've known her since I was six years old so she's basically more like family. She's saying something along the lines of " Something is at the door for you!"

"What?"

"Lower the music a bit!" I hear her voice a bit
more clear now, I grab my phone from next to me, lowering the volume.

" I said, there's someone at the door for you." She repeats her sentence from earlier.

"Who is it?" I speak as I get off the bed, putting on my fluffy slippers.

" A police officer." She speaks in her adorable accent.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, " Why would a police officer want to see me?"

"Eva and mom went out in the morning,  you're the only one left really'" She explains.

"Oh, okay."I spoke making my way downstairs, trying to hurry. Wouldn't want to keep a police officer waiting for too long.

"Hi, how can I help you?" I ask with a lace of curiosity in my voice.

"Miss Mila Hill?"

"Yes, that's me."

"You're Tony Hill's daughter, correct?"

I shake my head, not understanding where this is going, he doesn't wait for my answer.

"Im Andrew from the police department-"

I caught him off, turning around facing Lane.

"Lane, did you wake dad up?"

Before she gets a chance to answer me, he starts to speak again. From that moment I swear it's like everything happened in slow motion.

"Im very sorry to be delivering this news to you, you're father, Tony Hill has been found dead this morning."

"I d-don't understand." This feels like a fever dream.

"Lane I told you to wake him up." I speak my voice breaking.

"He didn't come last night, Mila."

***

I know this chapter is very short, I just had to put it in because it's important for the storyline !!