17

This is a good one

♡︎

"- I let the past get to me. I'm still hurt by what happened between the two of us, we both got to know each other enough to be family. I'm so sorry I hurt you too. I was here to help you to get better but I probably did the most damage. I'm sorry to you and your parents the most because I feel like I've let you down the most. I've failed the only promise I've made in my life."

Jeongin nodded understandingly because he knew the truth and knew that Seungmin had felt betrayed. It was a messy situation filled with lots of miscommunication all around. Throughout the time Jeongin got to reflect, he realized that most of what's happened is due to that reason; miscommunication. He learned that he had to break that cycle to make sure no more tragedies happened. "It got me out of bed."

Seungmin sighed, guilty. "It was so suddenly and abruptly. Jisung and the psychiatrist said it wasn't ideal for you to do so."

Shaking his head softly, Jeongin held the brunette's hand. "I had plenty of time to reflect and rest. I needed that last push to finally get back to reality. I'm not rushing back to my normal routine but I'm not lifeless anymore. Maybe it wasn't ideal, but it made me realize that I don't want to feel like that ever again. I need you all but I realized that you need me too."

Pulling the youngest into a hug, Seungmin couldn't help but shed those tears of relief and realization. Jeongin was growing up and hearing such wise words hit him like a bus. How could he have been immature about something regarding Felix? He should have been the bigger person and should've thought of his number one priority; the one who he was hugging.

"When did you grow up? I remember when you were thirteen and would cling to me during my dates with Hyunjin." Jeongin chuckled, remembering all those times he probably ruined dates for his brother and Seungmin by third-wheeling.

"I'm proud of you," Seungmin said seriously, before reaching and placing a soft peck on the younger's forehead. Closing his eyes, Jeongin smiled at the action, always remembering his dad. He remembers the last few minutes with his dad, which included his dad making Seungmin promise he would take care of the youngest. It was a bittersweet memory because it was the last of his dad he experienced, but also because he had hung on to those words when he lost his dad, his papa, and sister. It was difficult to lose Seungmin during the divorce because he had lost the last comfort that had helped him move on.

"Thank you, Seungmin. I hope one day I can be a good role model to Jay, just like you are to me." Jeongin said softly, making the designer smile assuringly.

"You will. Even better than I've been to you."

Jeongin appreciated the words, before carefully adding, "He's like a little brother to me. Seeing him makes me realize how Hyunjin sometimes feels about me, you know? I know Hyunjin would probably wake up from death if I needed him because I would - well, more like did - for Jay."

"Hyunjin loves you so much. He cares for you more than anyone in this world, including myself. You are and will always be his number one priority. I'm telling you this honestly. Even if he and I aren't on good terms, I will never deny that he does."

The sound of a text message notification interrupted their serious conversation. Debating on whether to answer or ignore it, Jeongin looked at the brunette, who nodded, urging him to answer.

It wasn't difficult to notice Jeongin's shy smile and just barely noticeable blush creep up. Looking up with an unsure look, Jeongin debated on telling the oldest of the two but he had to answer the message. "Seungmin, do you think we can continue talking about this another time? I-I kinda made plans with- well, more like Chan did. He, um, we wanted to go watch a movie at this new place that opened."