24

*not edited*

♡︎

"Why can't you can't just fire her?"

Chan softly laughed at the younger angrily entering his office like he usually does after his encounter with the front desk. "She's actually nice to you. If I forget my badge she won't even let me in. She gives all the staff and lawyers a hard time everyday too, it's not just you baby."

"So why haven't you fired her?" Jeongin was annoyed at the receptionist who makes a big deal every time he visits Chan. "You do know your Papa hired her right?"

"No. Why would he do that?"

"He was the one who gave her that position. When I questioned it, they said he was impressed by how she  followed protocol for everyone and made no exceptions for anyone. Think of it this way, if she gives you and even me a hard time entering the courthouse, do you think she'll let anyone suspicious in? She keeps the building and everyone in here safe." Chan explained while signing a few checks for the finance department not phased with the eyeroll he got from Jeongin because he had just proven his point.

"I'm starving. Can we go get food now?" Jeongin asked, already getting bored of sitting and watching the older work. Chan shook his head amused, if you would have told him that this is how the younger would be when they first met he wouldn't have believed it. "Okay let me just finish this. Do you know where you want to go?"

Jeongin nodded and pulled out his phone looking up at the new cafe he had seen on social media. "It's on eighth avenue, it's called Wonderland café. Everyones posting about how pretty it is!"

Of course Jeongin would choose a place based on aesthetics, something Chan found out a few weeks ago. It's like he finally got to know the real Jeongin once they didn't have to worry about Hyunjin anymore.

Chan wouldn't trade the pretty ravenette for anyone in this world. Something the blonde didn't think he could ever think after what happened five years ago. Even if Chan hadn't had the closure he had wanted from his past relationship he wasn't going to let it interfere with his current relationship.

Which is how the two ended up walking hand and hand down to the said café through the people filled streets. "How was your class?" Chan asked while they stood waiting for the crosswalk sign.

"Horrible.

I don't understand why I still have to take math, science, history, and literature. It doesn't make sense. My professor can barely walk and you expect me to pass the class?" Jeongin was blaming the lack of sleep for his mood but he was probably just used to complaining to the patient dreamy Australian about his day.

By the time they reached the street Chan was thankful for the beautiful sunny weather. Indeed, the café was aesthetically pleasing to the eyes with white painted brick walls, navy blue trimmings, plenty of green vines and flowerbeds all over the exterior. The long walk was worth it as he noticed how Jeongin's eyes lit up looking at the gold letter sign in amazement. Being the gentleman he was, Chan opened the door getting a blushy thankful smile in return.

"Chan!"

The couple stopped in their tracks and turned to the voice until they saw Jaehyun running towards them. "Channie, I'll wait in line while you two talk." Jeongin said looking at the long line inside and also because he was not interested in listening to the older two speak of law, he had heard enough in his lifetime already.

The café was beautiful inside as it was outside, the same vines running through the walls and ceiling. Jeongin was impressed by how quickly the line moved because before he knew it, it was his turn to order. He glanced back seeing Chan and Jaehyun still talking which he sighed. Having to guess what Chan wanted was difficult because the man did have a questionable taste palette. "Welcome to Wonderland café! What can I get for you?"