19

Hello?
I want to say sorry for the long wait.
My godmother has recovered successfully.
Thank you for your kind words and prayers I will forever appreciate it.

Starting today, there will be an update every day until we finish the story. Stay tuned.

Again thank you so much ♥︎

♡︎

It was unbelievable how beautiful the sunset was, the different shades of red and orange mixing with the dark purple night sky. The waves crashed softly on the shore and the weather couldn't be more perfect on that fall evening.

After minutes of debating whether or not he should interrupt Jeongin's peace, Chan cleared his throat. He was relieved when the younger turned his attention to him with a soft smile, his cute dimples making an appearance. "I wanted to give you something." He started, before pausing and thinking of the right words to say next.

"It's been in my possession for a long time. I tried giving it to Hyunjin but he denied it and I didn't want to startle you when you weren't feeling well. Honestly, I think that you are entitled to have it more than I do. I'm sure it'll mean much more to you too." Chan nervously explained while reaching into the inside pocket of his blazer.

Jeongin couldn't help but wonder what the older was talking about. He watched Chan fumble around in his pocket before pulling out a small, turquoise, velvet case. Looking at Chan's nervous expression, Jeongin grew anxious about what was inside.

With one last hesitant glance, Chan handed it over to the younger, watching the hesitation on the ravenette's face. "You don't have to open it now," Chan whispered reassuringly, making the younger furrow his eyebrows. Not having a clue what this could be, Jeongin decided that he should open it now in case he had questions the older could clarify.

His fingers shook slightly as he opened the box. The moment he saw the familiar diamonds, his eyes widened and his heart started beating faster. Clasping his free hand over his lips Jeongin traced the brooch.

His papa's apollo brooch. It had been almost five years since he had last seen it and no matter how many times he had searched their old home, he could never find it. It wasn't surprising when he felt tears falling as he stared at the beautiful, memorable piece of jewelry.

Five years ago, he thought that it had gone with his papa - but here he was, holding it in his hand. How? That's when his breathing started accelerating as he looked at the ash blonde with mixed emotions, confusion being the most prominent. "Why do you have this? How?"

Chan gulped at the quiet but threatening tone and he realized he probably should've explained beforehand. "On their way to the airport, your parents stopped at the courthouse for some notarization papers from a friend of your dad. I was just a clerk back then but I helped them, and on their way out, Jinyoung dropped this. I picked it up and texted Hyunjin about it. The next time I heard about them was when.." Chan trailed off, not wanting to say that the next time he heard of the Hwangs was when the news of the car accident was everywhere.

"A few months after the funeral, I tried to give it to Hyunjin but he refused; he said it brought back many memories. He asked me to keep it safe for him - that was all he wanted. I didn't see you at the funeral or anywhere else, so I didn't really know what else to do. Until now, that is. I think it's safer with you. This is worth about half of ten thousand dollars and I wouldn't know what to do if something happened to it."

After Chan carefully explained, he grew worried when all he was met with was silence. He was about to start beating himself up for possibly stressing Jeongin out when he was engulfed in a sweet hug.