1~Home

The plane lands rather rigidly making you shut your eyes. Plane rides have never been your favorite. But when you have to move back home to Arkansas from California, car doesn't seem like the best option. The sun is still rising since you got an early flight.

After waiting patiently for a few more minutes, everyone is allowed to get up. Of course they're being assholes about it, but you bite your tongue before saying anything "rude". You're not rude. Just brutally honest.

Yes there's a difference.

Finally, you get off the plane and find your luggage. You go down the escalator and let out a rather loud sigh when you see Sam and Steve waiting for you. A small part of you hoped it would be your mom or brother, but of course not.

"The ranch is more important. I can't leave it in your brothers hands for more than thirty minutes," your mom had told you.

You almost told her to suck your dick, but you bit your tongue before you did. Don't wanna dig the hole your in even deeper.

"Hey Hollywood!" Sam yells once you get to the bottom. He wraps his arms around you. He's definitely more muscular then when you last saw him. Three years ago.

You left Arkansas and went to California for a fresh start. You would've come to visit for the holidays, but every time you told your mom, she would shut you down.

"Don't bother. Live your life. We don't need you," she said then hung up on you while tears stung in your eyes.

Now she does need you. Since dad's sick and brothers a dumb fuck who can't milk a cow without it trying to kick him. How? You don't know. So, you had to drop out of college to move back home.

"Sam I lived in Sacramento. Not Los Angeles," you say and pat his back. "Close enough," he says as he pulls away. You roll your eyes.

Steve hugs you next. "Good to see ya birdy," he says. You groan as you hug him back.

The nickname that everyone calls you. Only because you kicked a bird when you were seven years old. In your defense it tried to steal your food and you got pissed off.

You have no sympathy.

"Nice to see you too," you say. Steve pulls away and pats your shoulder. "Let's get you home," he says as he and Sam take your suitcases. Which you tried to protest to, but Sam told you to shut up.

Steve opened the door to his truck for you. Of course, you have to sit in the middle. That's how it was when you were all teenagers. Steve would drive. You would sit in the middle. Sam would sit in the passengers seat if Bucky lost Rock Paper Scissors. Or the other way around.

Even though you grew up with the three boys, you never had feelings for them. Well that's not true. When you were like thirteen you had a crush on Sam that lasted all of summer. Then it fizzled out. That's it.

But the boys. Holy shit. They all had a thing for you. Once at the same time and it was hell for you. You don't think you opened a door once in your life durning that time period. Beside the bathroom door.

The truck ride was boring. Five hours. That's how long it takes to get from the airport to your town. Steve played country music the whole time. Some of the songs were bearable, but others made you want to jump out of his truck and run the opposite direction.

Finally, you see the town name on the sign as Steve drives in. Willow Lake.

The main restaurant is busy with the lunch rush. Men dressed like cowboys. Girls in sun or apron dresses and cowgirl boots.

Man did you not miss this place.

It takes about another twenty minutes to get to your parents house. Sam and Steve carry your suitcases for you again. You knock on the door a few times before it opens.

Your brother, Hunter, looks at you for a second before walking away. "Good to see ya too," you mumble as you walk in.

"Mama! Y/n's home!" Hunter yells. Your mom comes down the stairs and wipes her hand with a napkin. She looks you up and down and let's out a humph.

"Your father's upstairs. Go see him," she says. You nod and head for the stairs.

"Steve, Sam!" Your mom says as she hugs each of them. "Hi Mae," Steve says.

You open the door to your parents room and see your dad laying down on the bed. He sees you and weakly smiles. "Hi dad," you softly say as you walk next to him.

He holds his hand out for you to take. You for fill his wish and take his hand in yours as you sit on the edge of the bed. "Hi baby," he says weakly.

Holy shit he's worse then you thought. Your dad is probably the only reason you actually came back. He never treated you like your mom does. He actually encouraged you to go to college.

"You didn't have to come back. You could've stayed in California," he says. You smile sweetly at him. "I missed my dad," you say.

"And I missed my baby," he says before he starts coughing. You hand him his water and help him sit up.

Mae comes back in the room once his coughing fit is over. "I've got it from here," she sternly walks over and pushes you back.

Fuck you bitch.

You look at your dad and he waves you away. Letting you know he'll be okay. "Love you dad," you say before walking away.

Steve and Sam are still in the kitchen when you walk in. "He's in worse shape than I thought," you say. Steve and Sam nod their heads in agreement.

"Hey, Sam, Bucky and I are going to the bar tonight. You wanna come with? Sorta like a welcome home thing," Steve says. You shrug your shoulders. "Sure. Sounds fun."

"Are you even old enough to get into a bar?" Hunter asks. You look at him with a confused face. "I'm 22 jackass," you say. He puts his hands up in defense and walks away.

"Sam, Bucky, and I will pick you up around seven," Steve says as him and Sam start walking out of the house. "Okay, see ya then," you say before they leave.