13~Fights and Rain

Bucky takes a sip of his coffee as he stares at his tv. Your legs are draped over his lap and his free hand in resting between your thighs. "Doll?" Bucky asks.

"Hmm," you say as you take a sip of your coffee. "Would you have moved back here if your dad wasn't..." he trails off waiting for your response.

"I didn't plan on it. I liked California somewhat. Plus my mom never made me feel welcomed here," you say.

"Didn't we make you feel welcomed though?" Bucky asks referring to him, Steve, and Sam.

"Yea, but it's different when your mom doesn't want you. She's my mom, my family, my blood," you say.

Bucky shakes his head. "Family isn't just blood. Family is love, y/n," he says. You look over at him. "Steve, Sam and I... we love you. I hope they don't love you how I love you, but I know that they care about you," he says.

"I know and I feel bad about leaving you guys, but eventually, I think I'm gonna move back to Sacramento," you say.

Bucky feels his heart drop. "Oh okay," he says. You look over at him and see his eyes glued to the tv. "Bucky we have to be real here. I don't see myself having a life here," you say. Bucky doesn't say anything.

"You could come with me," you suggest. He scoffs before moving your legs off of him and standing up. "No I can't. I have a life here that I can't leave. I have my ranch, I can't just leave like you can," he says.

"I understand—"

"No you don't. You've never understood how my life is. You got it easy. Mommy and daddy gave you everything you wanted. So when you wanted to leave and go to California, they let you. You left it all behind. Your friends, your family, everything. Like it was nothing. I don't have the luxury of doing that. I have to work for what I want. My parents made me work for what I wanted, so that I could be independent when I grew up," Bucky says.

"I'm independent bitch," you say, "and you may have had to work for everything, but you were loved. Your parents loved you. Your sister loved you."

"Oh please, don't act like your dad didn't love you and care for you," Bucky says.

"He was never home. It was only my mom, Hunter, and I. He was never home to show me he loved me. My mom may have loved me, but she never liked me. Not how she likes you, or Steve, or Sam. Y'all are her golden children. Not her own fuckin' daughter!" You yell with a heavier country accent.

"Don't do that. Don't act like this whole town doesn't love ya. Don't act like ya don't have every boy in this town on their knees for ya," Bucky says.

"I never wanted that! I never wanted their attention I only wanted my moms. But you were the one who always got her undivided attention. Not her own daughter. And I hated you for it," you open his front door and slam it behind you.

Bucky runs his fingers through his hair as he sighs.

You start walking down his driveway and of course, it's raining. You walk for a while, until you see the lake and walk over to sit down under the willow tree by it. It's still raining and water droplets fall down on your face, so you don't know if you're crying or not.

"Y/n!" You hear Bucky yell behind you. When you look behind you, you see him walking towards you. His truck parked on the dirt road up ahead.

"Please come here," he says. You stand up and shake your head no. "I'm mad at you," you say. Bucky rolls his eyes. "It's raining, I don't want you to get sick," he says.

You stand up and run towards the lake. "Y/n!" Bucky calls out as he runs after you.

You ignore him and runs further into the lake until the water's at your torso because now you're cold. You turn around and see Bucky walking up to you. He grabs your waist in his hands and pulls you close to him.

You frown at him, bottom lip poking out. Bucky kisses your shivering lips. "Please get outta the water with me," he begs.

"I'm mad at you, Bucky," you pout, but wrap your arms around his neck to try and get closer to him. Bucky tucks a strand of hair behind your ear. "I'm sorry for what I said. I was just... I don't want you to leave me again and I just snapped. But if you want to leave again, I support your decision," he says.

"I'm sorry for what I said too. I never hated you. Except that time when you ate my last cookie when we were seven," you say.

"I'm sorry about that too. How do you remember that?" Bucky asks. You shrug, "I really wanted that cookie." Bucky chuckles before kisses you roughly.

"C'mon doll face, let's get outta the lake. We can go back to my place and take a nice, hot, shower together," Bucky winks at you, making you giggle.

You follow him out of the lake and get in his truck with him. "Were you really gonna walk home?" Bucky asks. You shake your head. "No I was gonna walk back to your house 'cause I left my phone there," you say.

Bucky chuckles. He reaches across to grab your face in his hands. Slowly, he brings your lips to his. "I love you, Bucky," you say.

"I love you, doll."