6~Tears and Rules

You woke up after a restless night of sleep. Several trips to the bathroom kept you up. Why did you puke so much.

Each time, Bucky would follow you, hold your hair back and rub your back. He didn't get much sleep either. "Uh I need coffee," Bucky yawns as he gets up. You groan and pull the blanket over your head.

"Why don't we go to the diner?" Bucky asks as he pulls the blanket off of your head and moves the hair out of your face. "C'mon doll. You need to eat," Bucky says.

He changes before grabbing some of his clothes that he think might fit you. You change and tuck his shirt in to make it look better. The jeans are baggy on you. When you walk out Bucky sighs as he walks over to you and cuts his jeans so they fit you better.

You follow Bucky to his truck and lay your head against the cold window as he drives to the diner.

The radio was silent. You look out the window and see people walking around. Going to their small life jobs. "Bucky don't you have work today?" You ask.

"I'm having Sam and Steve cover for me," Bucky says. You nod and close your eyes. Bucky softly pats your thigh.

He pulls up to the diner. You hop out of his truck and follow him inside. "Is that my y/n?" You hear a familiar voice and look over to see Natasha.

She sets down the pot of coffee and runs over to you. "Hi Nattie," you say quietly as you pat her back.

"I heard about you father. Y/n, I'm so sorry," she says. You give her a sad smile.

You and Bucky sit at a booth and he orders you both a coffee. You cross your arms on the table and lay your head on them. Bucky pats the back of your head softly.

"Whaddaya gonna get?" Bucky asks you.

"Eggs, fruit, pancakes," you say. Bucky chuckles, "that's what you use to always get." You give him a thumbs up.

Nat walks to your table and sets down two cups of coffee. "Alright, Bucky do you want your usual?" She asks. Bucky nods as he hands her his menu. "Babe what 'bout you?" She asks as she nudges your arm.

"Pancakes, eggs, fruit," you say. She smiles and takes your menu.

"How you feeling today?" Bucky asks. You let out a huff of air. "Hungover," you joke. Bucky looks at you with a serious expression. "You know that's not what I'm talking about," he says.

"I'm fine, Bucky," you say. He sighs and tilts his head as he gives you a pity look. Tears start to brim in your eyes so you look away, but that doesn't help.

Bucky stands up and moves to sit next to you. He wraps his arm around your shoulders. You turn your head into his chest so no one will see you cry. His other hand cradles your head softly.

The only noise you allow yourself to make is a small sniffle here and there. "It's okay," Bucky says as he kisses the top of your head.

You don't know how long you stayed in Bucky's arms, but it must've been a while since Nat brought your guys food. She didn't say anything, just frowned and walked away.

"Here doll, why don't you eat?" Bucky holds up a piece of fruit and tries to give it to you. You open your mouth and Bucky puts the piece of fruit in your mouth.

"Thank you," you say after you swallow it. Bucky presses a endless kiss to your forehead. When he finally does, his gaze goes from your eyes to your lips. It's only then you realize how close the two of you are.

You can feel his breath on your face. Gradually, he starts to lean in, till his nose is pressed against yours. "We really shouldn't," Bucky whispers. You nod in agreement. "Then don't," you whisper.

For a second it seemed like he was gonna retract, but then he leaned forward and his lips hit yours. The familiar spark of electricity started to flow through you, starting at your lips.

Bucky's lips are soft. Softer than you remember. His tongue touches your lip, before slipping inside of your mouth. Then he's off of you and clutching his arm.

"Ow. What the hell Natasha?" Bucky asks. Nat stands there holding a rolled up menu. "You just broke rule number two that's what," she says. Bucky looks down sheepishly. "Please tell me you didn't break rule number one. I swear to god Barnes I will beat your ass," Nat says.

"No I didn't break rule number one," Bucky says. "Just two... and three," he says. Nat narrows her eyes as she hit his head with the menu. "Have a nice breakfast y/n," she says and walks away.

"What rules is she talking about?" You ask as you softly rub where Natasha hit. Bucky sighs as he decides if he should tell you or not. "Better to be honest I guess. When Steve, Sam and I all had a crush on you, at the same time, we came up with 5 rules to not break."

"What?" You ask. Bucky nods. "Rule number 4 is, never tell you about these rules. I broke that one. Rule number 3 is, never sleep in the same bed as you alone. I also broke that one. Rule number 2, never kiss you. Again, my bad," he says.

"What's rule number one?" You ask. Bucky sighs, "never have sex with you." Your eyes widen in shock and he cringes. "So yea, those are the five rules," Bucky says.

"You only said four," you say. Bucky thinks for a moment. "You're right. Rule number five is to never break rule number one," he says before talking a sip of his coffee.