25~Million Reasons

Bucky sat under that goddamn willow tree where he carved your initials in. A beer in his hand as he drinks away his love. Tears fall down the sides of his face as he looks through the photos of you and him on his phone.

How did a perfect picture get torn like it was nothing?

He goes to his voicemails and listens to the voicemail you left him when you were drunk.

"Hi Bucky. You have a very beautiful voice by the way. I'm just calling to say, thank you for getting me from the bar and driving me to your house. I greatly appreciate it. Wow that's a hard word to say. ApPrEcIaTe. Hehe. Oh wait. Bucky, say something to uh... Bucky. Uh... hi Bucky. You're a great friend Bucky. Bu bye. Love you."

He listens to it a few more times. Each time he cries a bit more when he hears you say 'Love You.' He believes that you do love him, he just wishes it was enough.

"Bucky!" Steve calls as he runs up to him. "Jesus Bucky, we've been looking for you for the past hour," he says.

"We heard y/n skipped town with Pietro and we figured we'd come check on you," Sam says. Bucky looks up at them as he slowly stands up. "What did you just say?" He asks.

"We figured we'd come check on you—"

"No not that. The thing about Pietro," Bucky says. Sam and Steve exchange worried glances. "Y/n left with Pietro. Did you not know?" Sam asks.

Bucky grabs his phone and calls you. He feels his heart sink into an abyss when he hears Pietro on the other line.

"Yes Bucky?" He asks.

"You touch her and I swear to god you won't live to see another day," Bucky says harshly as he grips his phone tightly.

"Don't worry I didn't touch her. She touched me." And with Pietro's words hanging in the air, he hangs up on Bucky.

"Bucky?" Steve walks up to Bucky and places a hand on his shoulder. "Leave me alone," Bucky croaks out. Tears brim in his eyes at the thought of you kissing Pietro.

"C'mon man, let's just forget about her," Sam suggests as he walks closer to him.

"Forget about her? Even if I could, I'd never do that. I don't care if she hurt me or not," Bucky says. "Just leave me alone, please."

Sam and Steve hesitate, but walk away from Bucky. Leaving him alone with his broken heart and falling tears.

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

You're fast asleep in the passenger seat with Candy curled up in your lap as Pietro drives. Your phone starts buzzing and Pietro looks at it seeing Bucky called. He smirks as an idea pops into his head, picking up your phone, he answers it.

"Yes Bucky?" He asks.

"You touch her and I swear to god you won't live to see another day," Bucky says.

"Don't worry I didn't touch her. She touched me." Pietro smirks before hanging up. Knowing damn well Bucky won't be calling you anymore, he sets your phone back in it's place.

Looking over at you for a second, he smiles realizing he's won. He won you. Not Bucky.

He wasn't lying when he said he'd leave everything behind for you. Bucky was a fool turning your offer down and Pietro wasn't gonna make that same mistake.

♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

The next day, you're somewhere in Utah refilling the gas. Once the tank is full, you get back in the car and patiently wait for Pietro to return with the snacks he went inside to get.

Once he returns, he starts driving again. To pass time, you turn the radio on and flip through the stations until you come across a song you like.

But you're giving me a million reasons
Give me a million reasons
Giving me a million reasons
About a million reasons

"Oh this is a good song," Pietro says as he turns the volume up to sing along better. You smile and nod.

I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But, baby, I just need one good one to stay

Tears fall down the sides of your face as you look out the window. Candy whines as she props herself up on your chest to try and lick your sadness away from your eyes. You smile at her, but the burning thought in your mind won't leave. He gave me a really good reason to stay... yet I still walked away.

A/n: The compelling feeling I have to make this a right person wrong time trope is so strong... but... I'm not that mean. Don't worry besties, you'll get your happy ending eventually. I wouldn't dream of making you guys cry or hate me. But I'm kinda hard to hate so...

Kidding kidding. I wouldn't care if you did hate me, but I would hate myself for not giving Bucky a happy ending. I could care less about you. Again I'm kidding. I love you all and I hope you're doing okay besties.

Hope to see you in the next chapters <3