𝔽𝕚𝕧𝕖

*The next day*

Y/n's pov

I was sitting down in Ten Forward, facing and staring out the window as I sipped from my water cup, watching the stars zip by.

"Hey, my name is Wesley." I saw someone walk up to me and he held out his hand.

I giggled as I stood up, shaking his hand "Hi Wesley, my name is Y/n Troi, how are you?"

He smiled "I'm great, your mom said we would get along like two peas in a pod, but if I'm being honest she didn't word it like that."

I stopped shaking his hand and I laughed.

"Finally, an honest, funny person." I said.

He chuckled nervously.

"I have heard that you can read minds, is that true?" He asked.

I nodded "Yes, that is true, I can read your mind clear as day."

"I don't mean to be rude but, why were you sitting here staring out the window?" He asked curiously.

I smiled "I don't know, I guess I was in my head for a minute."

"What we're you thinking about?" He asked.

I smiled as I sat back down "Well, my mind was empty so I was reading my mothers' mind." I joked.

"That's invading privacy." He said and sat down.

I looked at him, acknowledging what he said.

"She could've been talking to someone about something sensitive." He said.

"I was kidding, I was thinking about being in Med Bay."

He chuckled "So you lied."

"I didn't lie, I was being sarcastic."

He smiled "It didn't sound that way, how old are you?"

"17?" I said but it sounded like a question.

"What month and day were you born?"

"Uhh, I was born October 23rd, why?" (Made up a date lolol)

"You're younger than me and you've already graduated from the academy?" He asked, getting a bit mad.

I cleared my throat, and I felt awkward "Uhm, yeah, I did."

"Why are you getting mad?" I asked, my voice quiet because I knew it was about me.

"People are comparing me to you, already, they're saying, 'You should be more like y/n, she's the youngest person to graduate from the Academy.' Ugh, it's annoying." He said, crossing his arms.

"Well I'm sorry, I didn't ask those people to compare me to others," I smiled softly "You don't have to listen to people when they say things like that 'You should be more like her, You should be more like him." I mocked.

I took a sip of water.

"People were always being compared to me and that made me feel bad because that made people feel lesser than themselves, and on top of that I was always getting put on the spot because of how smart I was." I sighed heavily, taking the last drink of my water.

"I'm glad we agree, it causes mental harm to people and it pushes them to want to overexert themselves."

I smiled nervously.

"Is that why you graduated early?" He asked softly.

"When's your birthday?" I asked, changing the subject.

I saw his eyes look at me with worry as he thought 'Why did she change the subject so fast? Must've been because she was compared so she challenged herself.'

"Uh, July 29." He said and I smiled. (That's true, he was born in July lol)

I cocked my head "Really? You don't seem like someone who was born in July."

His lips curled into a wide smile. 

His voice turned playful, as if we were friends for years "Really? Well, what do you want me to do? Change my hair? Maybe I need a pin that actually says I'm an ensign?"

I started laughing.

"I didn't mean it like that." I giggled.

"Then what did you mean?" He asked.

"I didn't expect you to be born in July, so I said that, and I'm sorry I did." I smiled widely.

Troi's pov

I watched as y/n and Wesley talked to each other, occasionally laughing.

"Will, they're getting along so well." I smiled proudly.

"And from here I can feel how much he loves her already."

"Think about how awkward y/n must feel, she can read minds and emotions so she must know that he likes her already." He chuckled.

I giggled with him.

"That's not true, she feels like she's on top of the world."

"You mean ship?" He asked and I laughed softly.

"Yes, I guess I do." I smiled.

Will kissed my cheek and then he started walking towards y/n.

"Will, don't bother them." I said with my arms crossed.

He walked back over to me and he said "Alright, fine, but I've looked at y/n so many times she looks so much like me, she has my hair, my eyes, and my personalities, what more could I ask for?"

I smiled "I think you've asked for too much already."

He smiled before he kissed my cheek again.

"What goes on in your mind before you say such things? 'Bash Riker?" He asked.

I laughed softly.