ℕ𝕚𝕟𝕖

She thought about it.

"Well, maybe that's what's wrong, you said that your love life is boring, maybe you're afraid... yes you're afraid, what are you afraid of?" She asked curiously.

I sighed softly, getting a bit mad.

"I don't know." Tears welled up in my eyes in frustration.

"I know you're frustrated, and you may feel a bit-" I cut her off.

"I wasn't like this a couple minutes ago," I said as I stood up, "I'm frustrated because you're too busy being a counselor and not a mother."

I practically ran out of the room, wanting to be somewhere else.

I went to Ten Forward and I saw Wesley sitting down with someone, a girl with brown hair, and—from what I felt—a bright personality.

I saw the way he looked at her, the way he felt about her, the way he thought about her, and more tears welled up in my eyes as I knew my fear stared me in the face.

He fell in love with someone else.

Hot tears fell down my cheeks as I ran away, running somewhere where I could be alone, with my father away on a much-needed shore leave to Risa, I had no one else I wanted to talk to.

Or needed to talk to.

I ran and hid in a Jeffries tube, where I was found—what felt like—several hours later by Geordi La Forge.

"You seem lost." He joked, opening a panel.

"Physically or emotionally?" I muttered quietly to myself and put my face in my elbows.

"I just needed a place where I could be alone." I admitted.

"You sound like you need someone to talk to." He said, his voice full of empathy as he grabbed a tool to use on the opened panel.

"Well, the irony is I can't talk to my mom."

"That is pretty ironic, but why are you here?"

"I wanted to be away and alone for a bit."

"Yeah?" He asked "Why's that?"

"She thinks I fell in love with someone."

"Well, is it true?" He asked, grabbing a different tool to use on the open panel.

"I don't know."

"Your mom is very observant, she probably noticed how much time you were spending with Wesley."

"We're friends!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled "I didn't suggest otherwise, y/n, maybe your mom's right, maybe you think of him as much more than a friend."

I scoff "That's a lie, I could never."

He looked at me very seriously and asked "Are you in love with him, and you wish you weren't?"

My eyes softened, looking at the ground.

"Because that can happen." He put the panel back on it, sitting down next to me. "We can fall in love, even with our best friend who's the opposite gender of us, and regret it because you both think that you don't love the other."

"I saw you walk in Ten Forward, and your eyes looked straight at Wesley, and I saw your eyes water as you ran back out." He admitted.

"You love him, and from what I saw, you were afraid that you were going to lose him, and when you saw him with Robin, what you were afraid of came true."

Is that the name of the girl he was sitting with?

He smiled "Y/n, you're a teenager, you'll love and lose, and the whole world of planet Earth seems to think that's better than not loving at all."

"Here." He said giving me a communicator, and I looked down at my uniform, and I saw that I didn't have one.

"Where was this?" I asked.

"On the floor by the doors of Ten Forward." He said as he got up.

"Must've knocked it off on accident." I said putting it back on my uniform.

I sighed softly as he grabbed his tool kit and left.

What a day this has been.