𝕋𝕖𝕟

At some point-I don't know when- I did emerge from the Jeffries tube.

Something drew me back to Ten Forward, even though I didn't feel like going there because I didn't feel like facing this woman he was dating.

But I didn't need to, Wesley hunted me down as I walked to... wherever I was going, I didn't know, my soul is so lost my feet were wandering trying to find it.

"Y/n, this is Robin." He said, introducing the girl he so lovingly held hands with.

I got a good look at her then, she had beautiful hazel eyes, and dark brown hair, she was a person that lived her life by her own rules...good ones at least.

I smiled at her "Hi, I'm y/n."

Wesley made a look at me.

"Nice to meet you, Wesley has told me a lot about you, and with what you did and how quickly you did it really amazes me." She said, and I knew she meant it, everyone that graduated after I did, really look up to me.

But Wesley knows I don't like to be idolized.

He whispered into her ear.

"But I'm not idolizing her, I'm just-" She said, then stopped when Wesley whispered into her ear.

She smiled "Alright, alright."

"I get it." She smiled at Wesley.

I wanted to sigh sadly at what Wesley was thinking about, and it wasn't about me that's for sure.

He loved her, that's all I know, and I felt it.

I appreciate the fact he had a bit of a crush on me at the beginning, but that very quickly dissipated when we hung out more.

I wanted to desperately shake his shoulders and tell him I loved him but I can't do that.

I was brought out of my thoughts when my communicator went off and I heard Doctor Crusher say "Ensign Troi, I need you in Med Bay."

I smiled weakly at Wesley and I tapped my communicator and said "Acknowledged, I'll be right there."

"I have to go." I said, waving softly before I started walking away.

I walked to Med Bay and when I got there I found Doctor Crusher in her office.

"You needed me, Doctor?" I asked and she looked at me.

"Yes, in fact, I do." She said as she got up.

"Your mother told me that you've been acting a bit different, such as more isolated, irritable, restless, she even said that you lost your interest in doing fun activities." She stopped to take a breath.

"What is happening to you y/n?" She asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine, why?" I asked sincerely.

"Don't do that to me, don't make me make a liar of your mother." She said.

"And don't make me give you a physical."

"I was irritated because my mother suggested that I am in love with... someone, I denied it several times, and yet she doesn't believe me, even though she could've read my emotions and saw that I was telling the truth."

"So in several ways, my mother did lie to you, and I don't need to get a physical, like I said, I'm fine."

"I don't believe you." She said and I knew she was lying.

"What a life you live then, fine, don't believe me, I was just fine this morning, and you know that I was happy this morning, and when I finally got to sit down, my mother said that I was in love and I'm... not." I pointed at myself.

"I thought you were in love with Wesley." She said.

The name made my heart stop, not the fact she knew, but the name of her son made me want to cry.

"But that was just my hormones, my teenager mind doesn't know the difference between hormonal and real, true love."

"You met Robin didn't you?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Yes, she's very nice, and if I didn't feel like I should never have met Wesley, I'm sure she and I would be really good friends."

She understood.

"I know how you feel."

"Good, explain that to my mom please, she doesn't understand how angry that made me."