𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

*A week later*

My eyes fluttered open and I sighed as I got up to get ready.

I looked out into the living room, and no one was there.

Oh, I forgot that I have my own quarters now...

I got myself tea, and some breakfast to keep me up and awake throughout the day.

I looked through the window, and I found myself wanting to stay in my room all day.

I sighed as I got up, knowing I can't do that.

Then I remembered...

It's my day off.

I sighed as I sat back down, and I stared out the window until someone rang the doorbell.

I groaned softly, not knowing who it was.

I sighed, getting up and saying "Come in."

And oh boy was that my biggest mistake.

Wesley came in and he gave me a worried look "Y/n, are you okay?"

I knew he was being sincere, that worried look guilt-tripped me to no end.

I nodded, smiling "I'm fine."

"Don't lie to me, please, tell me what's wrong." He begged.

"Nothings wrong Wesley, it's just... well I don't know how I could word it."

"Tell me, I've been so worried about you." His eyes started to water.

"Don't cry, I didn't mean to worry you, oh Wesley I wish I could tell you without sounding so selfish."

His eyes softened like he was going to cry and I sighed softly "I can't tell you, Wesley, it would break your heart."

"It's already broken! Just tell me!" He thought.

He sighed sadly.

Poor Wesley, Robin had transferred to another ship and she left a couple of days ago, and he's been really lonely since she left, and now I'm not telling him I used to love him.

But I don't have to, I don't have to tell him anything, I just choose to because I trust him.

I sighed a bit and I sat down on the chair.

"I'm sorry, but I can tell you how I feel will soon pass, I promise." I said, looking down at the floor

"Promise? Oh please, my dad once said he promised-"

"Wesley, if you finish that statement it'll hurt you more than it would hurt me."

He went quiet as he realized that I was right.

"Wesley, I've been having a rough time and I feel like I can't talk to anyone."

"I feel... trapped in my emotions and I don't want to talk because I feel like I'm going to lose control, and cry." I held my head in my hands.

"I'll feel better soon, I've just been so busy and I barely have any time to myself."

"I think you need to talk to a counselor." He said and for the first time in a month, I laughed, I actually laughed, and Wesleys face lit up.

Wesley was smiling very widely by the time I was done.

"My mom always said "Laughter is the best medicine," Since it releases endorphins and serotonin," Wesley smiled.

I smiled, feeling better.

"Thank you, Wesley.

He sat down, "Are you ready to tell me why you've been acting so... different?"

I sighed "One day about a month ago, I had come into my quarters and I had finally got to sit down and relax after standing so long, my mom had come in and we talked for a minute before I mentioned something about the new ensigns that had come on board, and how one of them asked me out."

He made a surprised look, mainly because I never told him about that.

"Then my mom smiled and asked me what I said, and I told her I said no."

"I don't date people who I don't know really well, my mom knows that," I added.

"What happened after that?" He asked, giving me all of his attention.

"As I said, my mom knows that, and she suggested that I had a crush on someone who I do know very well."

"And I denied it, but as I found out recently, you can fall in love with someone and regret it."

"Do you regret having a crush on that someone you know really well?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Do you want me to help you feel better?"

I smiled and then I sighed.

"I would love to feel better but today's my day off and I want to take care of myself."

"We can go to a holodeck if you want, we can do whatever you've ever wanted to do."

My lips curled into a wide smile.

"Okay, I guess I deserve to go have some fun," I said as I stood up, and Wesley stood up as fast as he could, to come to show me to a holodeck.