𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

"I'm serious, I'm not reading your mind right now." I said and I giggled.

He looked straight into my eyes and he asked "What am I thinking about?"

"I don't know."

He smiled "Really?"

I nodded.

"On Betazed, most Betazoids don't have the ability to stop reading minds, but some do, so they stop reading minds from time to time."

"My mother could stop feeling other people's emotions but she doesn't." I said softly.

"She's a counselor, I don't think she could."

I smiled softly.

He went back to doing his experiment on the microorganisms.

"Do you want me to leave you alone?" I asked.

"No, you can stay, I don't mind."

"Well, I wouldn't want to bother you." I said.

"It's okay, you can stay, I really don't mind."

I smiled "Alright, I guess I could stay then."

*Hours later*

After a while of talking, he finished his experiment and we decided to go to Ten Forward, laughing and joking all the way.

"Your mom said that we would get along great, and with that, we're getting along better than anyone I've ever met!" He exclaimed softly, surprised.

I smiled "Really?"

"Yeah, that's what your mom said, and we've been getting along really well."

I smiled and giggled a bit.

We walked into Ten Forward and we went in and sat down, talking some more.

"Wesley, you'll want to be prepared for the "3rd-year slump," as everyone calls it." I used finger quotes.

"The 3rd year slump?" He asked.

I nodded "You'll feel stuck, like you're not learning anything, and you won't have any energy to do anything."

"How did you get out of it?"

"I pushed through it, did my work and handed it in on time." I said proudly.

"That was my personal favorite achievement, all I had to do was get the work done, I knew what to do, and I knew how to do it, so it wasn't like I was confused, but the worst part was I didn't feel like doing any of it."

He nodded understandingly.

"I've been through a slump before."

"Earlier on?" I asked and he nodded again.

"Wow. About what?"

"Well, I didn't feel like doing much after my dad died."

"Yeah, but that's understandable, who feels like doing anything after someone really important to them dies?"

He shrugged, and then he really thought about it.

"Data would."

"Well I suppose that's right, I meant people, y'know, someone who has a cell membrane?"

He smiled.

"There are some types of humanoids that don't have a cell membrane."

I smiled.

"You know what I mean, beings that have blood pumping inside of them."

He went to talk and I lifted a finger and said "No, I do not want to hear it."

He smirked.

I sighed.

"I'm tired already." I smiled.

"Of what?" He asked.

I smiled softly.

He made a face, as if something clicked.

"Are you an introvert?"

I nodded.

"You have no energy left, do you?"

"I have some left, but don't worry, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I am." I smiled.

He smiled softly "Okay, if you say so."

So sweet.

I smiled widely.

"What are you smiling about?" He asked.

"You, you're really nice."

He smiled.

"Only because my mom taught me to be."