𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞

Your alarm wakes you up, suddenly and carelessly, just like every other normal morning. You have to force yourself to open your eyes, burning to the introduction of sunlight.

Otherwise, you would not be waking up. You reach over and shut off your alarm, stretch, and get out of bed.

You try to keep up with a morning routine, you really do. But being the procrastinator you are, you instead get food first. Ugh, I should've grabbed a pastry...

Your mind flashes back to the fleeting moment in which you caught a glance at that businessman speeding past you.

You wondered why he was on your mind again...? You've never been this intrigued by a guy, especially having to be around so many in your occupation.

You wondered what his name was, where he worked, if you've ever met him before. Oh my god, I'm crazy now. Literally stop and focus on something else.

So, you did.

You got ready for the day. Showered, changed, and fed yourself until you were, yet again, sitting on the couch, wondering what it is that you should do until you need to run errands for the week.

  ҉  ding!  ҉  

Another notification pops up on your phone. Another?? Groceries will have to wait until tonight, I guess. You glance at your phone and unlock it, pulling up the request. Tapping on accept, the client's information drops into view.

  ҉  REQUEST ACCEPTED! Deposit in progress!

Transaction made by: suguru getou

Details included: i just need u to look pretty. going to a fancy business event n need a date.

Location: Yokohama, 35 min. away

Time: Tonight, 5pm

Order: 1 hr, $212 USD via Venwo

Wow, how descriptive. You scoff and turn off your phone, walking to your room to get ready. Guess I should pick out a dress before makeup. You open your closet doors and pick out your event dresses.

Being a rental girlfriend, it's important to have a variety of clothes for different occasions. Especially if it's classy.

After all, you need to look the part of a real date. You set the dresses on your bed side-by-side and stand in front of them, crossing one arm, resting the other on top with your chin in your palm.

Okay. Business event. I am so bad at this part.

You're really indecisive at times, and that's probably one of your only faults. You video call Maki, hoping she'll pick up.

As she answers, you explain it's a business party and ask her to choose one of the dresses.

"Uhhh.. Okay, I love the silver one, but it's probably too fancy. Go for the blue one! You rarely ever wear it, plus, it's perfect on you. I'm so sorry girl, but I have to go. Nobara got her credit card taken away and now she's playing Mitski-"

You giggle and hear Maki scream, "CHRIST, IT'S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. You don't even need another Versace bag! You wouldn't have this problem if you had a job! Alright, I really need to go now. Good luck though!"