𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

How did you not realize it? Was it always there? This feeling of longing? Was it an abrupt development? How long have you felt like this?

You're watching Nanami walk away from the cafe as the girl waves him goodbye with a huge smile. You subconsciously hold your hand over your heart with bent fingers.

How am I this head over heels for a man I basically just met.. I've only seen him like four times and I'm suddenly wrapped around his finger? I need to get it together.

You shrug your jacket back up higher your shoulders and turn away, pulling out your phone once more.

You think of what could've gone wrong for Nanami to ignore your text. Maybe it was something you did yesterday while you were drunk?

Yesterday... we were with his friends. Friends... oh? You generate an evil laugh in your head as you think of Gojo. This could be interesting..

You slide your fingers across your screen to find the familiar contact that is Satoru Gojo.

You open a chat and text him, "Hey!! Was wondering if you wanted to check out a new club that opened recently! K is busy :/"

You got a reply almost as soon as it was sent. "Count me in. Too bad he can't make it! He's not much of a clubgoer anyways."

Not one for replying either...

You type back to Gojo and set a time to meet up tonight. This is probably the most you've ever gone out of your own volition aside from rentals.

Luckily, you've found a friend, or at least you'd count him as a friend, that you can hang out with aside from the girls.

You've got the whole day off today, so you decided to make it a spa day at home for yourself.

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚

You've taken a bath, groomed your nails, and now have your phone propped up on a video call with Maki as you two exchange your weekly adventures.

You and her have always had this ritual where if you don't get to talk every day, you'll just save it for an off day at the end of the week and trade details.

It's been like this for years and you're very glad to have a friend like her. She's someone you feel completely safe around and know for a fact that she's trustworthy.

You two met in grade school around your pre-teen years. She was often excluded from her twin's group and got picked on by many kids.

You, however, were a very rambunctious child and saw her in need. You two became instant best friends when you gave her a safe space to be herself.

She still loved her sister, but her sister's friends were satan-spawn hatchlings as you liked to call them.

As you grew up, you did pretty much everything together. Sleepovers, exam studying, sports, prom dress shopping, your first jobs, and even holiday breaks.

Inseparable up until she met Nobara.

You were happy that Maki found her person, and you wished that it would last. You realized that you would have to give them some space.

Nevertheless, you still keep up spending time with each other around the holidays and calling each other just to keep up.

You're doing your manicure as you tell her about your recent escapades (leaving out the explicit details, of course) and your new potential friends.