𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

It's been a few weeks since the night you left that balcony. The warm-toned foliage slowly started to wilt, and the once still rivers under the bridges started to bore. Trees fall dormant, birds are flying out of sight, and the warmth that resided in the air left your reach.

You've gone to the café numerous times after your rentals and have yet to see him again. It's strange how attached you are to the thought of that man.

The glimpse you caught of his side profile on the balcony was stuck in your head; that sharp jawline, his defined cheekbones. He was a magnet to your attention.

Here you are, again, in the café after another date, and you're still peeking around the establishment to try and catch him walking by the windows.

What is it about him? I should honestly just give up. It's not like I need a man anyways, you said to yourself.

Although you really didn't need a man to survive, it's a sort of deep-rooted loneliness. Something you don't notice until you're laying alone in your room, searching for a source of warmth other than your space heater which barely worked.

As you stare out of the window, you fail to notice the door's chime as it opens, revealing a certain well-dressed man.

He walks up to the counter and orders his pastries and coffee, and this is when you jolt in your chair upon hearing that recognizable raspy tone.

You glance over at him and turn back to your phone, hoping he doesn't discern who you are from your back profile. After all, he never saw your face at that party.

Instead of rushing out as per his usual, he takes a seat on the other side of the café. He must have a break today, you thought.

He takes a sip of his drink as he grabs his phone and starts to scroll. You don't even realize you're staring at him, but neither does he.

He's immersed in his phone, perhaps looking at something important as he slightly raises an eyebrow and lets it back down, sliding his tongue over his lips and swallows.

He starts to type with both hands. Maybe he's replying to a coworker. Wait.. does that mean he's going to leave soon? What a shame. Shamelessly said, you could stare at him for hours.

  ҉  ding!  ҉  

Great, impeccable timing, phone. You turn away in case the notification sound makes him look up, and- What the fuck? It can't be. You're joking... You press accept as quickly as possible and swipe to the information.

  ҉  REQUEST ACCEPTED! Deposit in progress!

Transaction made by: Kento Nanami

Details included: I need to introduce someone to my parents, as they wish for me to be married at some point. As I have yet to be married, nor do I want to go through the effort of finding someone, I apologize for needing to borrow you for this. We will be going to lunch with them from 12pm-2pm. You need not worry, I will make sure they do not pressure you into anything, as they can be... quite suffocating. Thank you in advance.

Location: Tokyo, 45 min. away

Time: Tomorrow, 12pm

Order: 2 hr, $318 USD via Venwo

I am definitely not used to the manners this man has. He's so... proper.

You get up to leave, and exit through the door opposite him so you don't have to worry about him spotting you. You pick up your pace and hurry home, excited to call Maki and tell her about your discovery.

"Maki, Maki, Maki, oh my god, you will not guess what happened. So, let me start off by saying that a long time ago, I bumped into this cute guy at a café. And then I saw him at that business party. And now, he's sent me a request!" you spouted out quickly.

"Hold on, what? You're talking way too fast. Okay, so, did he recognize you? Is that why he requested you?" she asked.

"I don't think so, I've basically been hiding from the man. And the first time, it was so quick he couldn't have seen me at all."

"Okay. Second question. Did you see him type it? Did you accept it?" she bites her lip as she awaits your answer.

Your cheeks warm slightly and you tell her, "Hahaha, you know that's two questions, right?" You take a second to think back to watching him on his phone.

Only then does it hit you what occurred seconds before he sent that request. Your mind focuses on the details of that eyebrow raise, his tongue ghosting his lips.

You decide to keep that to yourself, "And no, I didn't really see him while typing. But I did accept it! Is it weird that I'm excited for once? Like... obviously I can't do anything with him, and he's not looking at this in a romantic way. But I'm still kinda nervous!" You smile at her through the screen.

"No, I think its good to have a little motivation every once in a while! You remember one of your first dates? When I had to pick you up and you made me wait two hours in the car because you guys started talking about some nerdy stuff... And look at you now! You and Yuuji are basically best friends!" she states to reassure you, smirking as she makes sure to add, "Not as close as us though."

"And that's why you're my best friend. I have no idea what I'd do without you. Thanks so much... I'd better figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow."

"Update meeeeee!~"

"Yes, of course, of course. You know I will."

And with that, you hang up the phone, set out an outfit and get ready for bed. You feel a little guilty that you didn't tell her about everything.

Little did you know what was about to become of a two hour date with a client.

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✯ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✯

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✩ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✩

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✯ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✯

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✩ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✩

┊ ┊ ┊ ✯ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✯

┊ ┊ ✩ ┊ ┊ ✩

┊ ✯ ┊ ✯

✩ ✩

im so sorry this chapter's a little short! it only came out to about 950 words. i'm really hoping i can start to write 1.5k+ worded chapters when i start getting into the main plot. honestly, im excited to write it. please keep in mind this is going to be my first mature fic, im challenging myself to try and write those types of scenes, so if its not up to par, remember im still in the process of growing.

i may start uploading this story to my ao3 profile, so if you guys prefer to read fics on there please tell me! anyways, once again, please take care of yourselves. thank you for your support and i hope to see you next chapter! :)