𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 (𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐰)

Your heart is pounding. You can hear each beat in your ears. Pressure is building in both your subconscious and your pulse.

You raise your arm and ball your fist to knock on the door when it starts to open.

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚

You're sitting on the edge of the couch, knees bouncing up and down like the wings of a hummingbird.

I can't do it. I can't, you think as you fail to psych yourself up for this. Your confidence from earlier has basically flown out of the window.

The death grip you have on your phone turns your knuckles a lighter shade. You slowly bring your phone up from the couch and flip it around so the screen faces you.

A shiver runs down your spine as you bring your other hand's fingers to the phone and you enter your password.

Swiping through the home screen, you find that annoying red notification bubble and click into the app.

Can't this wait until tomorrow? Maybe next week? Or next month?

You set your phone down next to you again and rest your elbows on your thighs, rubbing your forehead into your palms.

Fuuuuuck. Why me?

You lift your head and lower your arms again, reluctantly taking your phone and searching your deposit log for your newest entry.

And to your surprise, well, not really... You see this:

  ҉  REQUEST ACCEPTED! Deposit in progress!

Transaction made by: Kento Nanami

Details included: I believe it's appropriate that we discuss.

Location: Tokyo, 45 min. away

Time: Tomorrow, 8pm

Order: Custom; Will pay upon departure

Why did he ever have to find out about my job? Seriously, why? Is this some cruel punishment?

There's no way to describe the fear, nervousness, anger, or even desire that you feel at the moment. You don't know exactly why you're angry, but it could just be the stress this has given you.

Thinking of a way to calm your nerves, you pull up Maki's contact and call her. After quite a few rings, the line finally clicks and you hear her comforting voice.

"Hey, it's Maki. What'cha need?"

"Oh, thank god Maki. I've got a really complicated issue but I need to explain it all firs-"

"Did you talk? Pfft haaah! Sorry, this is the voicemail message. Nobara made me do it! Alright, you know what to do."

So much for being there whenever I need you. She's probably just busy, I'll try again later.

Not even a minute later, you've got an incoming call from Maki.

"Hey! Didn't get a voicemail from you, I assumed you got pissed and wanted to call back later. I was driving, but I just parked. You okay?"

You melt at her last couple of words. She's always trying to make sure you're doing fine.

"Hi.. I'm um- I'm okay. But hey, how much time do you have? This could take a while." You lift your legs and scoot back onto the couch, bending your knees to sit cross-legged.