𝐢𝐭 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

To put it simply, Nanami is dumbfounded. He thought he'd just made a huge revelation between the two of you. And yet, you still treated it like a basic fucking one night stand.

You ran off. Just like that.

After you left, he threw away the trash and cleaned up and is now sat at his dining table, with his forehead buried in his palm.

He can't be crazy. The way you looked at him told him everything he needed to know. "There's definitely attraction. She just keeps getting away," he mumbles.

Groaning, he opens his phone to see missed calls and a voicemail from his boss. "What this time...?" he says as he presses play.

"Hey, Nanami. It's your boss. There's been a bug in the internet's software, apparently we've had to shut it down for the day and get an IT guy up here later. Be in first thing tomorrow, we have to make up for lost time."

"Damnit." he sighs.

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚

It's a new day and you're still partially in shock over what happened yesterday. You feel like a complete asshole for ditching him. I didn't mean to, but I sort of panicked?

Still, your job stops for no man. You've got a new rental today and you're hoping it'll take your mind off of Nanami for a little while. You unlock your phone to view the details;

  ҉  REQUEST ACCEPTED! Deposit in progress!

Transaction made by: takuma ino

Details included: i need some1 to talk to. dont have lots of friends. not sad! just have a lot 2 say

Location: Tokyo, 45 min. away

Time: Today, 6pm

Order: 1 hr, $212 USD via Venwo

That doesn't seem too bad! And it's not super late at night, thank god. Honestly, a rental might be just what you need to give your head a break.

You barely slept a wink even though you were tired. Exhaustion eventually took over and brought a few hours of rest.

You wanted to ask Maki for advice so bad but thought that it might be a little too much information for her to hear.

You're torn on what to do because who knows if he feels the same way? What if it's only lust, what if you're just another girl to him? What about that girl from the bakery? Did he ever do this with her too?

Your thoughts start to run in circles and you decide it's best to think about it later and prepare for your appointment tonight.

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ * 。° 。 • ˚

You're at a little sit-down restaurant in the city and you've just met up with Takuma in a two seater table.

The table the two of you sit at is right next to the windows where you can watch the beautiful scenery outside.

Fresh snow, falling ever so gently onto the leaves of the darkened green, orange, and brown hues of the trees planted outside. Snowflakes melt into the slow current of the river as it touches. An occasional gust of wind knocks the snow down from the trees, piling onto the bench below it.

The salt along the sidewalk did nothing as the snow littered every part of the ground.

It seemed much calmer outside than it was inside; table upon table of coworkers just leaving work together sat at group tables. The loud voices inside were met with a ringing of the door's chime every now and then.