Chapter 2

I wake up and see that I am in a room , it has a bed, a cupboard, a desk and chair and a dresser which happens to have a small hand mirror on top of it, how cliche.

I stand up and stumble a bit, it was probably because I was adjusting to a new body, I walk to the mirror and see my face, and as soon as I see the face a lot of memories start flooding in, John's memories were 5 years worth of memories.

His memories of age 2 and under were not there, and none of his memories had his mother who was never mentioned.

From his memories I could see that the kids were very normal, just like kids from earth, but that was definitely because they did not have their abilities yet, John was quite a normal kid, he had friends at his previous school.

He and his father had moved to new Bostan and he was starting Primary school, I should have about 4 years till middle school where the real stuff starts.

I try to feel a foreign power and feel it, guess my theory was right, as long as something your not natural with is there, your bound to notice it first.

I feel the ability and bring it out, my eyes glow an amber colour and I can manipulate my aura as I see fit, it was a ability I was all to familiar with, having seen john use it so many times.

I turn my ability off and I walk out the room I see William Doe, my father? I am still confused since I am both in John's body and I have his memories, is he my father or Michael's memories cause me to not be HIS john, this is confusing.......

"Morning Champ,ready for school?" he said with a bright smile, I smiled back as I thought 'let's just play along, at least he will be a better father than that drunk.'

"Morning dad and yeah I am very excited for it!" I say as dad looks at me with a smile

"Come on, eat your cereal and I'll drop you off" Dad says as I nod

I eat my cereal in silence thinking about how to use my ability, John's way of using the ability was to just copy abilities and combine them. Aura manipulation should have was more possibilities. I already have theories on how to use it.

I finish my cereal and I walk up to my father and told him I was ready. 

"Really? your gonna go to school in your pajamas?" Dad said with a smirk and a chuckle as I finally realised that I was in pajamas

"Oops" I simply said as I ran back to my room and wore a simple blue short and a plain black shirt.

"Ok, now I am ready" I say as my father looked at me and said

"Lets go" Dad said with a smile as I walk beside him

As we walked to school we talked about things, it was quite fun actually. Is this the so called father-son bonding? man this is fun.

As we finally reached the school, dad dropped me off before making sure I remembered my class and told me to have fun.

After Dad left I made my way to my class, 1-b. I made my way inside the school, there were many people there, well kids there, there were a few adults there to.

I looked around and finally found my class, 1-b. It was a pretty small classroom, it had about 20 seats. I made my way to the window seat, even if it was not on a higher floor, it is still a good way to past time.

As I sat down, I finally noticed that a there was only one other person there with me. a girl with green hair. If it is who I think it is, I am gonna keep my distance for now. She basically both made and broke John's life in the original.

I keep my distance from her and just keep to myself for about a minute or two. When no one else came she started to talk

"Uh, hi! I am Claire, what about you?" she asked as I looked at her and said

"I am John, Nice to meet you Claire" I said in the most monotone I could muster, if I could make her stay away from me, it would be better.

"So uh John, Do you have a ability yet? I have mine already, it lets me see the future" she said as I responded in monotone again

"Cool, I have my ability to" I said as she looked at me and asked

"Cool! what does it do?" she asked as I looked at her and said

"That's for me to know and you to wonder" I say as she droops a little

"Come onnnn, please" she asks as I sigh, I wasn't planning on hiding my ability completely so its okay i guess

"My ability is aura manipulation, I can just copy abilities" I say as Claire looks at me with stars in her eyes

"So cool! can you copy mine" she says as I nod

My eyes glow orange as I manipulate my aura to look like hers.

"Vision, level 1.3, allows you to have visions of a probable future" I say as she looks at me with surprise

"You can tell my level to!" she says as I looked at her and said

"Yeah, my ability also lets me see the levels i guess" I say as she looks at me and ask

"What is your level?" she asks as I just say

"I don't know, I can see other levels but not mine" I say, a lie, my level is currently 3.6, which was okay but I am definitely gonna train it.

"awww, we gotta wait till middle school to see your level, until then you can tell us our levels." she says with a toothy smile, my eyes went wide as I realised my mistake

"No, I am not gonna tell anybody else there levels, promise to not tell anyone about my ability ok?" I say as she looks at me in confusion

"Why?" she asks as I sigh

"Trust me, it's for the best to not know levels. Hell it would be a lot better if we never know levels" I say as she tilts her head in confusion

"Ok..... I promise not to tell anyone!" she says as I nod

"Good" I say as I look towards the door and wait for others to come into the class, after finally after waiting for 5 minutes a few more kids walk in and finally after another 10 minutes the teacher walks in

She does the regular introduction stuff and I do mine to and so does Claire.

She starts the lecture with basic maths and all that, I look down and use my ability, I need to check how many abilities are in the class

'Scholar- lvl 1.2'

'Steel fists- lvl- 1.5'

'energy punch- lvl- 1.7' 

Only three others huh, Scholar was definitely the most useful one out of the bunch and the others were decent attack abilities for now.

That was the moment I remembered something, John needed to see the person use the ability to use while I just needed to feel it. Guess I already have a powerup over John huh.

I wonder, if I memorise the ability signatures could I just make a library of abilities and use whichever one I wanted whenever?

I put my theory to practice and copy the scholar ability and and immediately feel smarter? This ain't smarter, this is just photographic memory added with with a high level fast thinking. 

The ability signature was quite peculiar and I failed to remember it perfectly. I have a plan now. Learn the signature of scholar first, and hopefully it's increased brain power will help me memorise the signatures better.

This is gonna be a fun year.