Chapter 11

As my me and Claire stayed together for that day, we simply hung out and  had fun, it honestly made me feel a lot better, after what happened.

After she left, I went to sleep, trying to sleep.

I couldn't get a wink of sleep, I kept thinking about what happened , why would they betray me? and why did my fear eyes not work? maybe it was an ability that made them courageous or maybe fear eyes doesn't work if they are confident?

I am not sure anymore, I can't get the fact that Jason and Maggie left me behind like that, I can't sleep.

As John couldn't sleep and his father was sleeping, he thought that he could go for a late night walk.

John puts on a black hoodie and some black sweat pants, puts on a pair of sneakers, takes the back door and leaves the house. 

The town was a lot different at night, it was only 12, so I had a decent amount of time to wander.

I walk around the town just wandering aimlessly, seeing the moon and the great amount of stars, it was honestly beautiful, I made my way to the park where I used to train with the squad, I sit on the grass and lie down.

I just look at the stars and get lost in them, for just a minute I forgot about what happened yesterday, I am not even sure, if I should trai-

No, I have to train, EMBER and the authorities are still working, in a world where people with strong abilities are up on the hierarchy with bigger jobs, I have to get stronger to take control. It will be long but I am gonna do it.

I look up to the sky and contemplate something again, should I try to not be king in high school? I mean, I still don't understand what I did wrong, everyone was happy, the strong got stronger and the weak got stronger. But apparently something went wrong on my part.

I was broken out of my trance when I heard panting, it was a girl with red hair that I knew well to much. Maggie.

"JOHN, what happened today?" she asked as I look at her with eyes colder than ice, she flinched at my look as I simply said

"You tell me, traitor" I say with my emotions wrapped under, I felt like crying but held it in.

"Wha-, what are you talking about? I can't remember anything that happened after the party and then I heard that you left the school" she said as I raised my brow

"Are you telling me to ignore the fact that you betrayed me?" I ask as she says

"NO, I didn't betray you" she says as I laugh, 

"Oh really? say it again" I say as I activate my lie detector

"I DIDN'T BETRAY YOU" she says as I waited for my lie detector to say it was false, no response came

"Wha- SAY IT AGAIN" I yelled in disbelief and hope, could they have not betrayed me?

"I didn't betray you, I would never betray you" she said as I got no response from lie detector, was the thing broken or was it saying the truth.

"I, your saying the truth........." I say as I start thinking about what happened

"Of course I am! I would rather die than betray you" she said as it came out as truth again.

"You don't remember what happened today after the party started?" i ask as she says no, truth again.

I smile and a few tears escape my eyes, I wasn't betrayed, my friends didn't leave me.

"Then, my question is, what happened today?" I say as she asks

"What happened? that's my question, I don't remember and I only heard that you left the school" she says as I reply