Pirate AU

Listen, my dear prince, your offer is meaningless
Don't give a damn 'bout your rank

Nathaniel stood aghast as the pirate captain threw the bag of riches they offered to the floor, scattering the gold coins around for his crewmates to take for themselves. First, he disregards his status, now he won't even take a bribe? Just what kind of pirate is he?

The gold in your sack, well, it isn't worth jack
I should make you go and walk the plank

At that, he was tempted to turn and go ask for a ride from someone else but found the only exit being blocked by a pigtailed girl who, while petite, looked like she could bite his limbs off is she so pleased.

Your riches would fill other pirates with glee
But none of those pirates are me!

"They're not he!" His crewmates repeated, swords raised or pointed at the royal. The captain pulled the defenseless prince away from his sword-bearing mates and kept him close to his person... For protection.

Singing yo-ho, keep your jewels divine
Yo-ho and your manners refined
'Cause even more precious than rum in a stein
Is revenge, revenge, revenge and it's gonna be mine!

"Revenge?" Nathaniel questioned, trying to pull away. "On whom?"

He blushes as Marc brushed his hook up against his cheek with an endearing smile. "Just wait for the second verse, love."

I've savaged and pillaged and pilfered each village
My conquests I'm justly proud of

He's proud of!

Each town that I plunder I leave torn asunder
A pirate's life is one to love!

Lots to love!

And yet my heart's hardened as hard a rock
I won't rest till I've skinned me a croc!

Gonna skin him a croc!

'A crocodile?' The prince wondered. It seemed a little ridiculous, honestly. There's got to be over thousands; how would he even know which one is the same crocodile who wrong him in some way?

Singing yo-ho, you can beg, plead and whine
But yo-ho, you are wasting your time
That croc got my hand, wanna tear out his spine
Revenge, revenge, revenge is gonna be mine

Nathaniel pulled him aside for a moment. "So, you want revenge on a crocodile?" He looks down at the silver hook in place of Marc's left hand. "For taking your hand?"

"Afraid he did more than that," Marc hissed, looking down at his hook in distaste, a reminder of his defeat. He still cursed the one who did this to him and himself. To this day, Marc still can't get that reptile-skin vest out of his mind.

Once I sailed toward a horizon
Where I might find happiness waiting
Until that croc destroyed my life
And filled me with hate unabating

Some say "let it go!", but I say "hell, no!"
I'm finally on the right path

Soon the Dark One will feel
The fire of this pirate's wrath!

Nathaniel furrowed his brow at the last word. "Wait, did you say the Dark One?" Marc nodded. "I think I know why you haven't been able to find him. I have him. I-in my dungeon."

"Bloody hell," Marc whispered. He was about to turn this prince away when he was the key to his long-awaited vengeance.

"Captain," Nathaniel took his hand and hook, rousing Marc from whatever daze he was in. "give me safe passage to the Queen's castle and you've got yourself a crocodile."

The pirate captain looked into his turquoise eyes, trying to find any signs of deceit. This could be a trick; he's seen it happen to poor fools many times before, and he would not be one of them. Marc found only sincerity in the redheaded prince's eyes and body language, so he smiled and said, "Aye, love." Nathaniel couldn't help but blush again. "It's a deal." He turns to his crewmates with a grin. "Have one last drink, mates! Then we've got a date with destiny!"

Singing yo-ho, I'll slaughter this swine
Yo-ho, must be fate's design
At last, our tales will again intertwine
Revenge, revenge, revenge is gonna be mine!

Marc takes the prince into his arms, just so he could look into those beautiful turquoise eyes again. What on earth possessed him to say no to this beautiful boy?

Oh, it's gonna be, oh, it's gonna be,
Oh, it's gonna be mine!
Oh, it's gonna be, oh it's gonna be, oh it's gonna be mine!