Plushies

As he continued his way up the flight of stairs, Dragon Guard glanced down at his prince who is cradled so delicately in his arms. He couldn't help himself and kissed the top of his head, making the noirette quietly giggle and nuzzle up closer to his chest plate.

"So sweet," Dragon Guard cooed.

"Do you have to leave?"

The Akuma could hear the pleading tone in his prince's voice, and it just broke his heart. While Dragon Guard detested the idea of leaving him alone, he just kept reminding himself it would all be worth it later when he had the head of that dreaded liar in his claws. "I'll return soon, treasure. Rossi can't hide forever, you know that."

"I know," he whispered. Marc lightly touched the bruise under his eye.

"She won't harm you ever again," Dragon Guard swore as he made it to the wooden door at the last step. "Until she's found, you'll be safe here, treasure." With that, he opened the door to a lavish room fit for royalty. While the room's main colors are black and red, it was actually quite nice. There's a reading nook by a window providing tons of natural light, a beautiful fireplace, a desk with quills and paper placed neatly on it, and a gorgeous canopy bed sat in the corner of the room. Marc's eyes practically glittered when he saw the dozens of stuff animals sitting on top of the covers. "Do you like-"

He's cut off by a quick kiss on the cheek and Marc struggling a bit to get out of his hold. He lets go, allowing Marc to run towards his bed, which Dragon Guard finds impressive since he's wearing heels, and collapse into the adorable pile of stuffed animals he had created just for him when he hit Paris with his power. All Dragon Guard can do is fawn over how cute Marc looks surrounded by so many stuffed animals and hugging each one he can get his hands on.

"I'll take that as a yes."

Marc could hardly contain a squeal as he hugged a red dragon plushie. "I love them! And this one reminds me of you."

The Akuma narrowed his eyes at the stuffed dragon in his treasure's loving embrace. "I see no resemblance at all," he scoffed.

"Is someone jealous?" The noirette ask teasingly.

"Of a stuffed toy?" 'Very.' "Treasure, I don't care as long as you're safe and happy." 'And in my arms instead.' He makes his way towards Marc and gathers him into his arms for one quick hug before he had to leave. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Marc felt like he could stay like this forever, in the arms of his loving knight and surrounded by dozens of plushies. It was like a dream.

Dragon Guard pressed a kiss to Marc's neck, eliciting a laugh from him. "Can your little plushy do that?"

"You are jealous!" Marc accused, but it was hard for Dragon Guard to take him seriously while he kept kissing his neck so Marc would laugh every few seconds. "Qu-quit it! That tickles!"

'I know.' "Does it, now?"

"Y-yes!" Marc giggled. "You know that!" He brought his hands up to protect his neck, but that only left his sides open for Dragon Guard to poke. Fortunately, he didn't have his arms wrapped around Marc anymore, allowing the noirette to slip away. He nearly tripped over his dress, but managed to recover.

"Oh, you're not getting away that easy, Treasure."

The two ran around the sizable bedroom, endlessly laughing until Dragon Guard finally caught up, gently tackled Marc back onto his bed and resumed what he started. As he proceeded to kiss him, paying much more attention to the bruises and scratches on his skin, Marc wrapped his arms around Dragon Guard's neck to keep him in place.

The Akuma took a short break to look into the beautiful emerald eyes of his prince. How Lila could even think of harming someone so sweet is beyond him. "... The knights can find Rossi on their own."

"Love, are you sure?"

Dragon Guard nodded with a genuine smile. "I'm sure. And I just know the knights I assigned to watch over you will screw up," he snarled, then after a beat, he was overcome with a sense of calm. He feels his already red-in-color face turning a few shades darker when Marc begins to stroke his horns. "Love you, Treasure."

"I love you, my Knight."