Cooking

"Nathaniel, this cute act of yours' isn't going to get you back in bed," Marc said tiredly as he got ready to flip the third pancake while his husband hugged him from behind. Nathaniel had his head rested on Marc's shoulder and was kissing his neck, hoping this may calm his fiery husband down.

"Come on, Rainbow," he tried to compel. "I got Michaela to sleep, didn't I?"

After flipping the pancake over, Marc turned to Nathaniel and gave a quick smile. "Love, I made it clear. You shouldn't be in the same room as an acid-spitting dragon." The redhead cringed at those words. He has whispered them so quietly and yet, Marc knew. "What kind of loving husband would I be if I put your safety before intimacy?"

Hearing a giggle in the room, the two turn their heads towards Michaela. The two-year-old is seated at the table in her pastel purple high chair and playing with her sippy cup.

"Yes, sweetie," Marc cooed. "Your daddy's a moron for calling me an acid-spitting dragon. Now he has to sleep on the sofa for five whole days."

Michaela points to Nathaniel. "Sofa!"

Nathaniel's hand went to his chest in an 'I'm hurt' fashion while Marc stifled a giggle. "My own flesh and blood would send me to the couch?"

"Smart girl. Now go get her a plate, dear."

"But she doesn't even use one," Nathaniel said in protest. Whenever Michaela ate, Marc or Nathaniel would put her food on their plates and feed her.

The noirette hummed to himself as he placed the pancake he just made down on a plate with two others. "True, but that means you'll have more dishes to clean, which will give you more time to reflect on why it is a terrible idea to make your husband get up five times to check on our little angel and then call him a dragon behind his back." He hands Nathaniel the plate then heads to the fridge where he pulls out three small bowls of strawberries.

Nathaniel huffed. "Really?" He takes his fork and knife and begins cutting up Michaela's pancake, often moving her fingers away from the sharp utensils because, for some reason, she'd oddly fascinated with shiny things. "Your daddy's mean, honey, I just want you to know that." After cutting a small piece, he holds it to Michaela's mouth and after a beat, she eats it off of the fork.

Marc gave a tired smile and popped a strawberry in his mouth. "Only when it comes to certain people."