Why bother?

A/N: Just to let anyone know, Monarchy exist soo kings and queens exist in the modern world.
------------------------------------------------

"A visitor?" Espresso asked one of his staff without averting his eyes away from all the paperwork he's currently organizing.

"Yes, Detective Almond is with them as well. It looks like there will be another event, which might be related to Ms. Latte's retirement but who knows?"

The tired male hummed as a response as he thanked the teacher for telling him, they excused themselves as they left Espresso alone in the room. The coffee addict thinks for a moment, why didn't Latte tell him anything about this beforehand? He knew about her retirement but not about the visitor. He knows Almond since it was one of his old colleagues and a friend, but it did make him wonder... who's this visitor could possibly be?

"Interesting, What are you planning this time, Latte?..." As much as he wanted to figure out the possible visitor who's gonna visit the Academy, the school bell rang telling everyone in the school that the classes are about to start. Letting out a sigh, he stands up from his seat as he cleans up his desk then brings all the stuff that he needed before leaving the office.

By the time he left the room, he was still in deep thought not noticing 2 men chatting as they roamed around the halls. Unfortunately for Espresso, as someone who despises unwanted social interactions, he accidentally bumped into one of them as he immediately snapped out then quickly apologized.

"Espresso?" He was about to leave when the person he bumped into called his name, rather confused when faced with the person since they knew his name. Only to realize that it's someone he knows and idolized.

"Mr. Almond? It is quite nice seeing you once again." He said with a light gentle smile on his face extending his hand for a shake, Almond happily accepted as he let out a chuckle, a bit happy to see one of his old friends once again.

"Please drop the formality, just call me Almond." The detective patted Espresso's shoulder which made the male chuckle a bit, "If you wish so, Almond."

As the two happily chatted, Espresso seems to notice a certain person behind Almond. The person saw Espresso's staring when they quickly give him a bright smile. Espresso was surprised by the bright smile as for Almond who almost forgot that someone is with him.

"Ah that's right, I'd like you to meet Madeleine, he's going to help us with the upcoming event." Almond steps aside for Espresso to fully see Madeleine, thanks to that he can finally see clearly this Madeleine person.

He lightly bows his head to greet the other, "Where are my manners? How silly of me, my name is Espresso it is quite a pleasure meeting you."

The person seems to have a well-built body figure, wearing heavy shiny armour along with an elegant blue cape. They also have a headpiece that's shaped like... wings? With a blue diamond-shaped in the centre. They seem to have long beautiful golden blond locks of hair, quite majestic if you ask him.

“Espresso?...” Madeleine seems to be surprised when he heard the name but scratches it off as he smiled at the male.

"No worries! It's nice meeting you Espresso, may the Divine guide your light!!!" Madeleine shouted which made Espresso's ears feels like it's gonna bleed, he assumed that the male would at least be decent but it seems that he's wrong. Instead, he got the annoying Divine light believer.

He rolled his eyes, "Yes yes you...too as well." He didn't bother to hide the fact his tone is filled with bitterness but unfortunately for Madeleine, he didn't notice.

Almond did.

Noticing his friend's annoyance, he decided to step in while giving the knight an apologetic smile which made Madeleine confused but went along with it.

"Now that you two know each other, Madeleine and I are a bit lost. You know that an old man's memory is a bit hazy."

He chuckled in his joke which made Espresso smile a bit, "Where to?"

Madeleine chimed in, "To class 1-A, please! We kinda went into circles in this big school!"

"You didn't ask for directions before the bell rang?" Espresso asked in disbelief.

Madeleine thought for a moment, "Nope!"

Espresso seems to be dissatisfied by this as he glances at Almond who just shrugged his shoulders.

"Why?"

"I do not know!"

Espresso can feel himself getting lost in this conversation not knowing if this person is being serious or not. Does this mean he has to deal with him today? Is this the visitor they're talking about?

"Well, now that you two have met I must go because I have another case to attend to. You two have fun, avoid getting into trouble." Espresso was about to stop the detective but unfortunately Almond had already bid his farewell then walks away. It would be rude if he bothers him more so there's nothing he can do.

Just him and this guy, all alone.

"Well, that's a shame! Looks like it's you and me now! Let's get along together Espresso!"

"Right... I don't."