Why are you still here?

A/N: Time is running out, also remember when I said that it's humanized AU? It still is but without the cookie with their name is weird. Let's say that they're still cookies in a human form, they still bleed but their skin can also crack, you'll see.
-------------------------------------------------------------

"Espresso?"

A gentle voice called out his name and yet the male still refuses to look up to check who it is, just by the voice alone he can already tell who's the owner of it.

He greeted, "Good morning Almond."

His voice is even more tired than before, it's rather weak and quiet. The detective immediately recognized the tone of his voice and it's not the usual tired but energetic one, just pure exhaustion.

The detective takes a seat and Espresso quickly gives the older man space for him. He hasn't looked up from the ground yet not wanting for Almond to see his vulnerable state, yes he knows that he looks pathetic today but his face is another story. His dark circles in his eyes are darker than before, his skin is paler than before due to his lack of proper sleep and meals. It is a bit unusual for him to be pale knowing he naturally has dark skin, but not that literally pale so you can't see that much of a difference.

Almond glances at the male first before looking away, he's getting worse than he expected.

Both of them stayed silent, no one is starting any conversation but none of them is bothered by it. The silence was rather comfortable, not awkward nor heavy.

Espresso was grateful that Almond doesn't even try to force him to talk, his company alone is enough for him to calm down a little. Though he does feel a bit bad that he's bothering the other, he's a bit surprised when Almond decides to stay with him.

The silence lasted for like 10 minutes. As usual, Almond is humming a tune to calm Espresso down which did work. The sweet melody helped his thought to be in a clear state, plus he managed to think properly.

"Latte told me that you two are dating," He decided to break the silence and start a conversation, it made Almond startled but managed to recover quickly. Until he heard his statement making him chuckle awkwardly.

"She did? And here I thought she already told you." The detective seems to be nervous for the first time because of this conversation, who wouldn't if you're talking with your lover's brother?

Espresso sighed, finally looking up to face Almond, "Rest assured, I'm not against it." He said with a slightly tired smile despite looking like a wreck right now, he doesn't want to admit it but he's grateful that his sister is dating Almond.

Though the old man already has a kid, there's nothing he can do though.

Almond seemed to be relieved when he heard those words, he gently smiled back as he reached his hand out to pat the male on the head. Espresso was surprised by this but let the old man do it, pats are nice.

"Are you going to tell me what's bothering you? It's quite alright if you won't."

He shook his head, "Not here, and I haven't eaten breakfast yet so I'm hungry."

The detective can see himself frowning a bit disappointed that Espresso is being careless of himself once again, how can a smart guy like him be stupid when it comes to self-care?

"Alright, follow me."

----------

"As expected, those are still your favourite."

"Shut up."

Almond laughed as Espresso let out a huff while enjoying himself eating those sweet sugar-coated doughnuts. He may not be a fan of sweet things but this is an exception. Almond insists on treating Espresso to a proper breakfast meal but the male still complains and rather have doughnuts instead, quite fascinating to see a person like Espresso act like a childish kid when it comes to doughnuts.