Why do you keep caring?

A/N: It's almost 5 AM when I was writing this, I apologize if there's any mistakes
----------------------------------------------------

“Oh good evening Madeleine, thank goodness you're here.” Sparkling felt relieved when he saw Madeleine walking in the bar, he checked his watch then to Espresso who's passed out by the counter. 

Madeleine immediately made his way where Espresso is to check upon him, and it turns out the male was just drunk. 

“How many shots?” He asked while moving Espresso's hair away to see his face. He couldn't help but smile a bit glad when he saw the male looking peaceful in his sleep. 

Sparkling responded, “About a whole wine, he has a terrible tolerance.” The bartender starts to clean up the bar knowing he has to clean up soon and go home or Herb will scold him once again. 

Madeleine, on the other hand, was surprised by Sparkling's response. Espresso is really pushing himself too far huh? 

He sits on one of the stools beside where Espresso is, he can't help but admire his face. He can see Espresso's face a faint blush due to him being drunk and he also noticed that Espresso has long eyelashes compared to his. 

Nothing has changed him other than the colour of his hair. 

“Hey Sparkling, did he remember anything?” Madeleine asked keeping his voice as gentle and quiet as possible so he won't wake the male up. He reached out his hand to Espresso's face as he caressed the male's rosy red cheeks with his finger. 

Sparkling watched the both of them in silence before he let out a sigh as he finished cleaning up. He can't help but feel bad for Madeleine, it's been a lot of years after all. 

“No, he didn't… He did mention you once but that was just today.” 

“Oh, I see…” 

The bartender expected this response, as much as he wanted to comfort the Knight he knew that there's nothing he can do right now. Ever since that incident, it sealed Espresso's and Madeleine's fate. 

“But hey, you two finally met once again, it's better than nothing,” Sparkling said with a gentle smile hoping it'll lighten up Madeleine. It did work when he saw that small smile on the other's face. 

The knight chuckled, “Seems like it, looks like the Divine helped me to find him. If I'm being honest, I certainly didn't expect to find him this soon, I almost didn't recognize him at all.” 

“As much as I want to chat a little while longer, it's getting late. Could you escort Espresso home? I want to help but you know how-” Sparkling got interrupted by Madeleine who's chuckling. 

“How scary Herb is? Do not worry, I understand.” The bartender smiled, taking out his phone along with a paper and a pen to write down Espresso's address. 

“Espresso lives nearby so don't worry about the transportation cost money unless you have a car to use.” Sparkling gave Madeleine the paper as he gave the male a thumbs up as a support. 

Now that's the problem, Madeleine doesn't have one. If he's being honest, he's still not yet used to any modern technology or transportation due to him growing up serving the royal family as a knight. It may be the Modern era but that doesn't mean kings and queens no longer exist. 

In fact, Espresso was supposed to hold the throne someday. 

“Thank you Sparkling, may the light bless and protect you.” Madeleine patted Espresso's back hoping he'll wake up but he didn't move an inch, looks like this is going to be a challenge.