Please, Answer me...

A/N: There are some things I'd like to discuss.

First, I apologise for the sudden absence, it seems that I lost interest in writing. Second, I hate this story so much that I want to rewrite the scenes. Third, I quit CRK and I'm not sure when I'll go back to playing it. Fourth, the final semester is near and I can't risk failing my school year. Lastly, the updates in this book are going to be much longer than I expected. You are free to drop this book and I'd like to say that I appreciate your support. But if you still wish to see the updates of this book, the chapters are going to be much shorter with slow updates. I truly apologise.

I still love the plot of this book, it's just that I hate how it started.

———————————————————

“That sounds so lovely! You will win that competition for sure!” Latte clapped her hands altogether cheering for her brother's performance. 

 Espresso put back the violin along with the bow back in it's case, he was flattered by his sister's compliment, those 2 sentences were enough for him to be confident from his own skills. 

“Thank you Latte, though I do hope mom will like it.” 

“Of course she will!... Like she always does,” Latte kept her voice low for the last part of her sentence but Espresso doesn't seem to hear it. He asked her what she said but the other told him that it was nothing which the boy immediately shook off. 

Hm, what is this? It seems like this story doesn't seem to be connected to the previous chapters, what is happening? 

“Well we should get going, I heard that mom is serving your favourite dinner!” 

“Do we have sugar coated doughnuts for desserts?” 

“Yes Essy, we will, it's your birthday today remember?” The little boy seems to be happy upon hearing those words, you can see the big bright smile like you expected a happy child will react. 

Now that those two left for dinner, I shall answer your question. This chapter is the beginning of the backstory of these two little cookies, you guys might be wondering why PV seems to know Espresso when he and Latte are not even part of the royal family, well you'll see eventually. Now that's away, always remember… 

Not all scars heal.

Onto the story shall we? 

——————————

A room filled with laughter, a bright atmosphere, and a delicious aroma lingering around the room, but nothing beats the time you're spending time with your family. 

That's what Latte thought at first. 

“Happy birthday my son! So, how's school lately?” The mother asked in a sweet yet gentle tone towards her son as she glimpsed at him with a smile that radiates with love. 

The little boy looks up from his food when he hears his mother calling for his name, with a smile he responds, “I made tons of new friends! Not only that, I'm the top student in my class!” 

The mother clapped her hands in joy, proud of her son's achievements as she praised him. 

“Uhm, I'm also the top student in my class… Mom?” Latte noticed that her mother's attention is fixed on her brother only, she doesn't want to be a bother as she chose to stay quiet and never disturb her once again. 

The father cleared his throat as his eyes darted to his daughter, “Latte? How's school?” 

The father noticed Latte's mood brighten up from hearing his question, so she didn't hesitate to give him a bright smile.

“It was good! I aced my classes today!” 

“I'm proud of you Latte.”

The chatter goes on as they celebrate Espresso's birthday together till midnight. 

——————————

Espresso suddenly woke up from the loud glass shatter, it seemed that it came from downstairs and heard someone yelling. 

He decided to go investigate what is happening despite his fear increasing. Opening the door of his room and the voices are much clearer, it's his parents yelling at each other. 

“I had enough with your excuses! Why does this soulmate of yours seem so important to you?! It doesn't excuse the fact that you cheated on your husband!” 

“They're supposed to be my fated partner dear! Why can't you just understand that?!”

“Caramel, are you hearing yourself right now? All you think of is yourself, you can't even look at your own daughter!” 

The argument lasted longer than he expected, the shouting only got even louder. He can feel himself trembling in fear when he can hear things breaking from the living room that his parents start to use violence at each other. They were just so happy earlier, they just sang him a happy birthday, but why…

Why did it end up like this? 

He felt a light pat on his shoulder that made him startled, he looked up and saw Latte smiling. Before he could even speak, his sister immediately hugged him as she started to whisper some comforting words. It did help him to calm down and the shouting from the background eventually starts to faint as he focuses on Latte's words. 

That might be the first time he managed to fall asleep properly.