░Chapter 3░

And ending yet again another boring day. I walk home the way I normally would. A left, two rights, then straight forward, it was yet another aspect of the day that has been the same for years. My cousins will be over so I can talk to my favorite one.

Maybe I can mention names without the fear of weirding someone out. Even if he were to be weirded out he wouldn't show it. He never has, that's why he's my favorite. He only a few months older than me as well.

I open the door to reveal a small mudroom. I'd usually come in through the front, but I don't feel like walking around the few houses as usual. And just I suspected I see a few pairs of she's I wouldn't normally recognize. So I know family is already here.

The noises of the younger ones laughing and playing, the older ones talking with the adults, and the two middles sitting in my room awaiting my arrival.

Indistinct chatter is all that's heard until I get closer,

"Aunt Dory needs to work on her attitude honestly"

" Yeah she treats mom and dad like shit sometimes."

"And Anaija's parents too. She's not any nicer to them." My cousins seem to have been going back and forth about one of our aunts.

As I walk into the room the door and floorboards simultaneously creek, making my presence clear. "Hey Ani," My cousins say in sync. Their names are Marco and Malia. They're twins but I hang out with Marco more. 

"Hey you guys. How were y'all's days?"I respond to the silence.

Marco looks in my direction again,"Not too bad to be quite honest. Malia?"
"Malia!"

" Huh what? Hm?"she panicked looking around the room.

"Ani was asking about your day, stupid."
Marco nagged at her.

"No need to be so hostile, asshole. My day was great!" She beamed with a tone that made her sound just a bit snobby. "I've got a date to the dance next Friday."

"Well there's something nobody saw coming." Marco teased, earning him a snack on the back of his head.

We continued to talk for seeming days, only to realize it had been just a few hours.