░Chapter 7░

(mention of suicide)

The three of us walk down the hallway towards our shared science class. Apparently they had gone into the library to get a book for the project and saw me. Not wanting to do the project alone they woke me up.

I tugged on my pigtail as if it would break the awkward silence. Remembering the things Darla has said in the past few days, the east hall fight, the firecracker in the rich kid's locker, Warren's rejection (which he seems to be taking pretty well) and then when I accidentally spilled...

So demanding, so intimidating, so prying. I almost spilled more but I caught myself.

"Ana are you okay? You seem so much more lost than earlier," Tanner's voice was so calm compared to how chaotic he normally is. He seemed to genuinely care. I don't know why though.

I realize how silent I'd been since he spoke and fixed that, "Oh yeah I'm just thinking about something that happened with a friend of mine."

"Bitch I will bite you if you actually consider her a friend. Let alone a good one," Warren joked.

"Warren don't do that, she could probably blackmail your entire family into suicide if she wanted to," I responded. And to be honest that is most likely the truth, this lady is scary.

We sat down at our table and Tanner got our project from the wall. We waited for further instructions from our teacher. Our project was about chemical reactions. Specifically one that changes to and then back over and over again.

We're supposed to note things that we notice. Our group is definitely failing that part, especially since the one smart person assigned in our group is in the hospital. Hope you get better Selene, it's definitely not the same without you. Seriously none of know what we're doing.

The teacher walks in the room right as the late bell rings, "Good afternoon students! I expect for you knowing it is a project day that you've all gotten in your groups. Now please make sure you actually take notes. Ahem, group 4." We're group 4 and we're definitely screwed.

---

After chemistry I head towards math. The one and only class I share with Darla. Readying myself for the worst. I dread whatever is coming my way.

I walk in sit down at one of the double desks (Google 2 person school desk). The one I share with the worst, green eyed, blue haired girl.

And there she is, my nightmares incarnate, walking in like she owns the place with her other friend; I don't know her I just know she's pretty and that's it to be honest.

A pink backpack hit the ground, the light sounds sending a shock through my entire body. I look over at her when she sits down.

Darla clears her throat,"Ani I'm sorry about earlier. I really am. It was wrong if me to be so rude towards you and Warren."

Sighing, I speak, "Then apologize to him as well. You called him something you shouldn't have."

"Fine but only because you want me to. I wouldn't be doing this for the sake of him. Just you"

Those words shatter my soul. To pieces. To the point of no return. It burns, it stings. I know she isn't a good person but she does a hell of a good job at pretending she is. It pains me to know I have been friends with someone so deceptive for so long.

I'm on the verge of tears and I don't really know why. Well I do but I shouldn't be this upset. Not about something as trivial as thus. It's not that important.

I just need to tell her.

Just the two words.

two words

two

words

I'm trans.