░Chapter 6░

um...

The air becomes thick as I breathe it in. Silence is screaming in my ears.

"Well?" She seemed so impatient, she always does. "Answer me Ani. What did you mean by that?"

Thicker with each breath, "I honestly... I honestly don't know. I'm sorry it kind of slipped," Both hands on my faces I couldn't help but mumble. Something I can't really tell what I mumbled.

She looks impatient now. She sounds angry, she looks confused, she seems upset with me. Me.

She scoffed, words following soon behind,"What do you mean you don't know? What do you mean it slipped? Things like that don't just come out of no where Anaija. There has to be some underlying reason!"

The bell rings somehow quieter than the silence between words. I go to walk away but Darla grabs me, "No? You're not just walking out of this situation!"

"Well why the fuck not!?"

"We aren't leaving until I get an answer!"

At this point all I can think to do is stare. I can't think of anything to say. I don't have an answer to give and I don't want to lie to my friend... my. friend?

Friends don't act like this, "Can't you just act like a friend and give me some time to think? Please Darla that's all I need really."

Her blank stare evolved into a scowl. She scoffed then spoke," Time to think? What thinking do you need to do? That's a genuine question by the way. "

"I need to think about what I meant by that. I meant something but I don't know what," I couldn't help being completely honest, and I didn't know it just yet, but being honest would be the death of me with Darla.

She just glared at me. I knew this look. I have nothing else to say, not the means to listen to you. So I leave. But I don't go to class I can't deal with that right now.I head towards the library.

After a few minutes of walking I make it to the library. I find an empty table and just lay my head down, hoping for sleep. And this may have been the one time my hopes come true.

-----

Ana

Ana

Anaija get up.

"Huh? What?"

I open my eyes to see two boys one ginger and one brunette. One Warren and one Tanner. Glad it isn't Darla.

For a good moment it was silent. Tanner decided to break that sweet silence,"You okay Anaija? I don't think I've ever seen you fall asleep."

"Or skip class." The other chimes in.

"Yeah, that too."

These are people I can genuinely consider friends. I can trust them, they trust me. They haven't judged a thing I've said. Why would they now.

But. I decide against it. I should tell Darla first.

Huge Mistake.