4.

"Hi? why are you talking to me?"
I asked suspiciously, shifting my head to the side, attempting to add some space between us.
"Why wouldn't I want to talk to my favorite person ever!" Drinking had flipped a switch on his attitude, from hot and mysterious to a bubbly mindset of a 5-year-old.
Aether was drunk. Really drunk. He couldn't even stand straight on his own. Every sentence that came out of his mouth was slurred, and he was smiling and goofing around more than he usually would, especially with me. While trapping me in a hug, he waddles towards the wall, until my back is pressed against it and Aether's hard chest.
"Please let go- I can't breathe" I heaved, jutting my hand flat onto Aether's chest.
"Nope. Never." He squeezed me impossibly tighter, dragging and slurring his words.
"Aether I swear-" I gave the last push my all, but that only made Aether attach himself to me even more.
"But you're so huggable! I never want to let go!" His voice was so loud, but the soft giggles erupting from his throat stopped me from wiggling away.
Drunk Aether was sweet. He smiled so brightly it rivaled the sun, and he was energetic and weirdly affectionate to random people, at least I think he is. Aether bent down and laid his hot head on my neck, ripping me from my thoughts immediately. He was like a big cat, pushing further into my neck
"You shmell gud." His words were muffled into my neck, muzzling and tickling the area.
"What? I can't hear you-" I tried to get his head up so I could hear him clearly, but he beat me to it by lifting his head the shell of my ear.
"I said," He unclasped his arms from around me and stood up straight, slowly leaning impossibly closer,
"You smell good." In panic of the sudden close contact, I tried to push myself away, failing miserably as I was leaning against the all already.
I attempted to turn my head to the side to hide my tomato red face, but Aether's pale hands reached out and grabbed my chin, guiding me back to staring straight into his chocolate eyes. There was silence, as I blocked out all noises around, focused entirely on him.
"Have I ever told you how cute you are?" He whispered, so close to my ear I could hear him clear as day, even with the ear splitting music.
I stood, stunned by his words. Was it true? Did he really find me cute? No, it couldn't be. Aether Andilet, the school's prince, a man built like a Greek god, someone all the girls want, and most had spent a night with.
I, Alexander Halifax, on the other hand, lived on my own, working endless hours to keep my shitty apartment, closeted pansexual, who hasn't dated in over 3 years because of one nasty breakup.
"This might sound crazy but, I really really, really, really like you." He smiled against my ear, leaving a small kiss behind it.
"What? Aether, what are you saying? You know you don't, you can't." The words were to unreal, I wouldn't let myself believe them.
"What do you mean I can't? I'm saying it now, I like you, I really do..." His hypotonic hazel eyes swirl me into them, our eyes locked in a tight bond.
"Alexander. I like you. I'm attracted to you. So much sometimes it hurts." His strong arms snatch me into a tight embrace, immediately I relax into his arms. I felt wrong for doing so, but at the same time, it felt so right.
"I think that's enough alcohol for one night, your jokes aren't funny anymore." I joked, trying to feel less awkward. I reach over awkwardly to take back the cup held tightly in his hands, but suddenly, he leans down, whispering sultry,
"It wasn't a joke though." He pushes forwards slightly, till my back was to the wall with him in front of me, his broad shoulders shielding drunk teenagers from seeing The straight Aether Andilet kiss me right on the lips. I stood, shocked.
Not because he was kissing me, but because I liked it. Just like that, the skull rattling music faded once more, voices blurred as I slowly kissed back, the world felt as if it stopped spinning.

I just wish he was sober.

After a minute, I came back to my senses and lightly pushed Aether's face away, as he tried to lean back in for more. He flashed me a puzzled look, as he reach out to hug me again.
"We can't do this." I looked down to the ground, eyes jumping from the red cups, the spilled liquid and the shoes of most of the student body surrounding me.
"Why not?" I looked up at him. It was clear he'd never been rejected before and was sure to be shocked. Disappointment painted on his face, eye urging for more answers.
"Because you're drunk, you don't know what you're doing." I stated firmly, still not looking him in the eye.
"But I know what I want, and it's you." I kept my head down, not daring to look at him. He timidly reaches out for my hand and holds it up lightly to his cheek, pressing it against him as he leans into my touch.
"I- Aether. You're not in your right mind right now, I know that if you were sober, you wouldn't be saying those things-" I stupidly tried to explain, even to me, I sounded like an ass, but I was so nervous, and my nerves fuelled my denial.
"How do you know what I feel and what I don't? Are you a mind reader or something?"
"No, I'm not saying that- it's just,"
I heave a sigh, as I continue to look into his hurt puppy eyes.
"You don't like me, I don't like you. I'm mean to you, and you're straight, you literally hooked up with my best friend." I went on about everything that happened between us, trying to convince him- but more over me- that he didn't like me at all.
"I'm not straight." He replied bluntly. I didn't give myself enough time to let it register and opened my mouth too early.
"Yes, you ar- wait what?"
"I'm serious I'm not." He lightly pouted and pushed his head down, nervously scratching the back of his neck, clearly flustered.
"But you only ever date and hook up with girls..." I trailed off. Was he being sincere? Or was he trying to get a laugh out of it? Like him...
"I've never had real romantic feelings for them... only for one person."
I'm angry at myself for wanting to know who that was, a tinge of hope sparked in me, hoping that someone was me.
"Well, it was actually-" Right before a fairytale like confession, a voice broke our trance.
"Aether! There you are, I've been looking for you everywhere." His reveal was cut short but a forced, high-pitched voice.
"Oh hey... umm, Bella..?" He was clearly annoyed, not even bothering to remember the girls name.
"Oh, Aether, you're so funny! My name's Brittany!" Her and her friends laughed so hard, I was worried about the veins in their faces, I could see them jutting out slightly.
"Right, right okay, well I'm trying to do something here so if you could just-" Aether tried to brush them off, but they insisted.
"Come on! Me and my girls wanna dance with you~" Brittany stared up at Aether, as she traced a hot pink freshly manicured nail up and down his chest. I took this as a sign to leave, and scurried off, ignoring Aether's call out from behind me.

Brittany was the definition of one of those cliche rich white girls. She had daddy's money which she uses to her liking, an army of men at her feet all times of the day, and her 2 best friends, Ashley and Courtney, who are much like her, only listen rather than lead. Her hair was straight and a deep, dirty blonde (which she liked to say was barbie blonde, even when it's not even close.), while her skin was pale as plaster. She had dimples that made everyone swoon for her, but if only people would see past her straight white teeth, fake nose, and clumpy mascara, the true demon that lay inside.
She and Aether looked perfect together, like a picture from a google search of the perfect couple. Both beautiful beings that everyone envied. From looks to riches to popularity, they had it all. Some people in the world were just meant to have more than others, no matter how big or bad they are. I walked out of the house, relieved to finally breathe fresh air. Walking to my car, the events of tonight replayed in my mind like a broken tape. This party was definitely one I was going to remember for a damn long time. All because of one boy, and one kiss.