12.

My face felt like it was ablaze, as so did my soul, but I kept a straight, unamused face at Aether's... suggestiveness. I couldn't be all that mad at him though, as I was the one who triggered it. Spinning on my heel, I gesture a hand for him to come inside.

Wadding causally inside, begins looking around, like he's never been here before. Before he came I ran around like crazy making everything look perfect, and I never thought he would come by unannounced, so now, my home was in it's natural state, a mess. I looked around too, cringing at little things I didn't think about until he arrived, but I was mainly focused on Aether and his fucking audacity to come here after not even apologising properly. Marching into my room, I search for a pair of clean pants and a shirt. I had found a pair of sweatpants that wear too big on me, so obviously it'd fit him better then me, as for shirts, there was no way I was going to find one that he could wear without ripping.

Apparently I'd taken too long to get clothes for him that he had wandered through out the apartment and found the bathroom, and had fetched a towel now wrapped around his neck and bare chest. Wait, where was his shirt!? I couldn't stop my face flooding with colour, so I covered my face with the shirt in hand and threw him the pants.

"God, a warning would have been nice!" I screeched. I my face was so hot, I was feeling faint.

"Warning for what?"

"For... That." I pointed towards his uncovered body and he laughed.

"I know it's a lot, the abs, the pecks-"

"Shut the fuck up and get out! Put on the pants as well!"

"But what about the-"

"I'll find a blanket or something, just get out!" My heart was literally going into overdrive, I had to sit on the floor to cool off. I'd never seen anything so... beautiful. I was screeching at my own thoughts and run towards my window and let my head hang out to cool it down. After I could no longer feel my nose or ears, I winded my head but up, closed the window and stuttered one last time, Then grabbing a woolly blanket and strutting out of my room to Aether, who was sitting on my couch with his head tilted back, eyes closed.

I can't do this. Swirling around and sprinting back into my room, I close the door and maintain a steady breath. I was so close to being calm again when Aether's voice rang from the other side of the door.

"Alex? Are you in there?"
Oh shit, now I had to go and talk to him. I looked around my bedroom, one I took much pride in, and stared longingly out the window. All I wanted to do right now was jump out of it, but the drop and the feeling of being conscious while all of my bones and skull cracking into a billion pieces kept me away from it. For now.

Ripping open the door, I clench my teeth together and muster a smile, as much as I tried to look fine, my eyebrows dipped down and Aether instantly read me.

"It's me, right? I should have left before."

"Yup. But it doesn't matter now. You were right, we do need to talk."

"Right right okay. How should I start this..."

His eyebrows furrowed down in like frustration. He was really think about this one, but really a 'sorry' would be fine. Kinda. Finally after enough time in his head, he tenderly reached for my hand and walked me to the couch. I flopped and deflated on the seat, leaning against the arm rest and legs stretched, Aether sat stiffly next to my feet, head in his hands and rubbing aggressively on his face. What else did he have to say other then sorry? Was he here to explain something? Or did he...

Before I thought of something terrible, he spoke so much so quickly, I was close to not being able to register what he said.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. My head was too full to think about how this could have effected you. I was so scared of someone finding out, that I ignored you. Please forgive me." All his words were rushed and urgent.

I looked at him through downcast eyes. His face was distressed, and anxious of my reaction. My eye drifted to those dreamy dark swirls, and we held our eyes steady, both thinking different thoughts. Sighing in defeat, I whirl and flip my body, now my head was rested on Aether's cushy thighs and legs dangling on the arm rest.

"It's okay. I should have thought about you a bit more too though. We both should have talked more about all this."

We both chuckled lightly, but Aether's smile faltered. Taking notice, I look up and him, and he smiled down at me softly and combs his fingers through my hair. I melted into his arms and tried to contain my growing smile. It felt so nice, his hands in my hair. Being with him and in his arms was comforting as together really. We spent the next minute just talking, making up for the time away from each other. Minutes turned into hours, and soon enough, It was pretty late.

"Shouldn't you get going now? We have school tomorrow you know."
Aether groaned at the thought of school,

"Can't we just stay like this forever?"

"I think i'd only be good for a few year, then before you know it, we'll be dusty old people."

"But our souls will still be young, and our heart still beat for each other, won't it?"

I cackled at his cheesy remark and he grinned down at me. His eyes where light and glistening. I could sit and stare at him for hours.

"Alright alright, but, I need to tell you something. This might be a lot but..."

I looked at him confused. Why all of a sudden? Sitting up, and twist to face him and softly touch his hand. He breathed steadily as he told he what he had never told anyone else.

I wish I had known before.