8.

Even though It was really only about 5 punches, I felt like I had been pounded to the ground by a gang member who's mission was to kill me with his fists. To everyone watching, filming, some scared, others amused at my pain, the fight lasted 30 seconds, but to me, every hit was hours, as if the world wanted me to feel every curve of his fist. A light shone above me, as I used the rest of my strength to open my swollen eyes. Was this... the end? My guardian angel as appeared to take me to the heavenly gates. Though last time I recall angels not to have such rippling muscles and tan arms. Blinking rapidly, I catch Aether heaving the jerk off me. He was still in a fit of rage, kicking and screaming like a spoiled child at daycare without his favourite toy. After Aether made sure the guy wouldn't come back for round 2, he snatched me and threw me over onto his shoulder, like a rotting sack of potatos. All my energy was lost, so I stay limp on Aethers shoulder and he took me to god knows where. The silence was tense. Anyone could sense it, so in trying to lighten the mood, I said the thing that had been on my mind since being captured.
"I have directed view of your butt right now." Aether stopped walking, causing my face to collide with his backside. He started to walk again, only he was faster and stomping more then before. Soon enough we made it to the school's best facility, the nurses office. Aether set me down gently and I took my chance to get away as soon as he let me go. I practically ran towards a bed and threw myself onto it, my body turning into jello as soon as I hit the bed. The ache and pain in my shoulders and arms slipped away, until I was very rudely interrupted.
"Sit up, we need to fix your wounds." He said, keeping his distance from my place on the bed.
"Go away, i'm napping." I said simply, pushing my face into the incredibly soft but crinkly pillow.
"Not with those bruises you're not." He argued back lightly, arms crossed and firm.
I couldn't find the voice or strength to argue, so I sat up with low-lidded eyes. Aether had all the equipment to fix my wounds, surprising me a little. I looked at him. He was already staring. Without breaking eye contact, he reached out and grabbed my shirt, tugging to signify to take it off.
"W-why my shirt? I didn't-"
"I saw the whole thing, I know he hit you on the stomach. If you don't tend to it now it'll get worse." Eyes furrowed tight, I looked at him was shy eyes. I was very insecure at the moment, especially with someone who was blessed with a body of a demi-god. Sighing in defeat, I almost whisper.
"Do you mind turning around?"
He looked shocked, more at the thought I had agreed than the request. Quickly agreeing, he spins himself around. I ripped my shirt off and prepared for the worse.
"You can turn around now."
Aether spun around once more and made his way towards me. My arms were still holding my shirt, doing my best to cover myself. Soft hands rest on mine, our eyes meeting. Comfort washed over me. His eyes showed no harm, so slowly and a bit redundantly, I moved my hands and brought them to my side.
Aether's breathing hitched, but he snapped out of it and began to rub cream onto the blooming bruise. The ointment was cold and unfamiliar, and I found myself reaching out and gripping Aethers arm in panic. Holding my hand, he soothingly caressed my hands with his thumb, reassuring me every so often.
"I know it hurts, I'm sorry. Just a little longer, then it'll be over."
Soon enough, it was.
"Good job, you did great. Now for your face. This might hurt more because it's where you were hit most." I let out a silent scream at the pain of the rubbing alcohol on my open wounds. Aether responded by cupping my face and rubbing the tension away after applying a bandaid. He did this to all my cuts, till my face was patched up. I sighed in content as I smiled and thanked Aether for his help.
"You seem pretty good at this nursing thing."
"Yeah well, It's what I want to do in the future." He smiled, that simply showed me that he was truly passionate for that, which made me smile, just the littlest bit.
"That's... Nice."
"Thank you." He chuckled sheepishly. It was bizarre how he still managed to get flustered at complements when he gets so many every day. Maybe it was the ingredients in the creams, but soon I was leaning my head on Aethers shoulder. He stood frozen until I sat straight and looked at him. He smiled widely down at me and cautiously reached out to hold my cheek. I smiled into his hand and leaned into his warm touch. I liked this side of Aether. Gentle and kind, caring and free. I could feel my actions before I could think about them. I tilted my head up and gingerly kissed Aether, mouthing a small thank you on his lips. He responded back quickly, like he has been waiting for this day. His lips began to move, but I couldn't hear a thing he said. Soon everything became blurry, then faded into the dark. I accepted the darken and fell into a comfortable slumber.