26.

"Hey! I feel like it been forever since I last saw you guys!" Gwen spoke with the same speed as she ran, sprinting and rugby tackling me in a tight hug. Aether swiftly caught us with his hand, gripping my slightly and curling his arm around my waist secretly, I remained oblivious to further fuel his satisfaction.
"It's been a while, I agree, but we see each other all the time in school-"
"You know that doesn't count," Gwen glanced skeptical at Aether and I, "We're like bait for fish there, everyones waiting for the perfect chance to bite, but out here, we can do whatever we want, we're free!" To express said freedom, the walking rainbow began running around in frantic circles, releasing as much energy I had in a day in only a few seconds.
"Is she always like this?" I spoke to Eternity, who was too, watching her girlfriend run uncontrollably around the green area. With soft, fond eyes still trained on Gwen, she whispered slowly,
"Always." I watched Eternity face, pure happiness reflected off her smile,
"You're so in love. Who's shooting love eyes at who now?" Eternity exploded into a fit of rage, a dark red coating her face as she began chasing me around, arms flailing in attempt of murder. Us being very unathletic as children, it took no time for us to collapse into a puddle of sweat besides each other.
"I think that was the most i've ran all my life."
"The last time I saw you run like that was when we were running from those guys." A strong wheeze escaped Eternity as she sat up on her elbows, eyebrows raised,
"Bennet? And Brad? Man, you still remember that? That was years ago, in what, start of middle school?"
I laughed as the memories flooded back to me, they were no means joyful then, but to know we got our revenge felt good.
"God, I remember almost shitting myself by the time we got back home. I thought they would break in and strangle us in our sleep." I recalled that nightmare-ish evening, sitting at the dinning table with concerned looks on our adopted parents faces.
"You're shaking shook the whole house, nobody could ignore that." We both burst out laughing, losing our breaths just when we where recovering. Aether strode next to us and took a seat next to us, shortly joined by Gwen, both rolling over on their backs with us. I beamed up at Aether in my already very cheerful mood, stretching out an arm, a hand on his cheek and a quick peck on his own crooked smiling mouth. Gwen rolled over onto Eternity's chest, leaning and smiling comfortably. We all decided to just settle where we were, already lying comfortably on the freshly mowed grass. We talked about school, work, mostly random things that sparked massive arguments between us all, that in the end, all started laughing uncontrollably after realising how stupid the debating was. Losing track of time, a rumble of stomachs breaks us out of conversation.
"We should get some food, before Gwens stomach starts talking as loud as she does." I suggested with a smirk, which Gwen replied with a fake offended open mouth expression. We headed back to town, debating where to eat. After 20 minutes, we settled on a take away at a local dumpling store, bringing the steaming food back to my apartment. Unlocking the doors, voices of everyone's individual conversations to themselves flooded my once empty apartment. I often associated my home as one that was silent, that got me away from the voices at school I hated so much, but now, gathering here with all of the people I care so much about, makes me rethink if the silence was a good as voices of the only people I could stand. Shuffling towards the small kitchen island, As soon as Aether and I release the food onto the table, Gwens hands dove into the plastic bags and brought out the first thing her hands made contact with. With a hungry gaze, she ripped open the container and battled with the dumpling that refused to be held by her thin wooden chopsticks, which eventually, she ditched and reached in with her hands and stuffing the soup dumpling into her mouth, instantly regretting it as the soup burnt her tongue and throat. Hs jumped around, flapping her hands at her open mouth with visible steam coming from the food. We all laughed loudly at Gwens foolishness as she wined about how all the good food had to be so hot.
"Ice cream isn't hot, but you could eat that for days straight." Eternity teased, a finger poking at Gwens plump cheek. A light slap pushed Eternity's finger away as Gwen besides her laughed and smiled wholeheartedly,
"Correct, I have eaten ice cream for breakfast, lunch and dinner until my stomach refused to eat any, yet, I would do it again." Gwens smile turned into one of triumph, while her girlfriend was looking the exact opposite,
"You ate all the ice cream you where gifted straight for days? Even after I told you not to?" Gwen only giggled and latched onto Eternity as she ranted about her childish antics and unwillingness to listen. I smiled and continued to eat silently, watching the too bicker back and forth. A warm and curled around me, I leaned into the warmth as I looked up at Aether, who smiled back brightly and placed a few fast pecks around my face, erupting snorts from my throat, sending us both doubled over in laughter. Now it was Eternity and Gwens turn to stare, exchanging silence words, noiselessly giggling about us right in front of us. Soon after, we finished up the food and cleaned up, and it was time for everyone to leave.
"Thank you so much for feeding us. You have great choice in food, unlike Eternity." Gwen grinned, teeth and cheeks replicating one of a toddler after losing a tooth. Eternity rolled her eyes and roughly wrapped an around around Gwen, causing a screech and quick slaps on Eternity's arm to let go. Unwavered, Eternity smiled and thank us, before walking away, are still around Gwens neck and dragging her along, despite loud protest from her. I chuckled as I watched the two walked down the hall into the elevator. Aether's body moved and pressed onto mine, face in my hair as he smoothed his hands over my body, lips trailing down my neck to my cheeks. I turned to face him and pushed back his hair, leaning up and kissing him softly.
"Can I stay over tonight?" Aether asked breathlessly as he pulled away,
"Of course, you always can." I smiled up at him, which made him groan and sink into my shoulder.
"I wish I could live with you so I could see you everyday, but you have it hard enough with Chubs and yourself." I could only smile, for the millionth time today, at Aether's thoughtfulness.
"I wish I could live with you too." Aether's natural grin grew and he embraced me deeply, clinging onto me with his hands wrapped around my shoulders and a palm on the back of my head.
I leaned in and sighed with content, Aether gave the best hugs.