34.

Stage 6: Revenge

It was annoying how I knew where she lives, but at this point, anyone would be stupid if they didn't, with how much Lindsay loves to take about her lovely big mansion with white walls and million-dollar marbling. Big tall doors, countless windows, and endless white. At least she wasn't lying about the white. This was insane, was this too petty? Think, she saw me after years and bitched about her daddy issues and blamed it all on me for existing, trashed the cafe, made me stay later to clean it up, kissed my boyfriend against his will, sent everybody a video of her fucking some guy and lying that it was Aether, causing us to break up and rethink my whole life. Just the thought of her gave me the will to ring the doorbell. I heard a generic sound ring throughout the house, bouncing off the walls until a surprisingly good-looking young man opened the door. 

"Hello, can I help you? Mr. Givenchy was not expecting guests today."

My throat dried up, had I not thought to schedule a meeting with a man this important? Also, if this isn't him, then who is he? 

"I- uh- I have some important business with him, Is he in?"

This was going horribly. The plan was not thought out at all, I just rocked up to a multimillionaire's house and expected him to let me talk to him about my beef with his daughter. 

"I... Suppose you could try. Mr. Givenchy is a friendly man after all."

From what I remember from my old high school, he was very nice. And generous, to the school and students who needed support. The guy, who I'm taking a risky guess is his butler- with the full black and white suit, silver rounded tray and all,-  lead me down countless halls. In a house so big, I lost count of how many turns and corridors I passed, until the butler, who had introduced himself before as Jackson,  stopped in front of a door. It was different from the rest, they were all white or a very light shade of gray, but this one was made of dark wood, the type of door found in dark libraries. It was confusing, why the door and probably room were so different from everything else, but it was a nice change. Walking in a house like this with so much white felt like I was walking in the heavens. Jackson gave me a silent nod and walked around the corner, leaving me before the daunting dark doors. 

I wasted no time knocking on the door. I wasn't going to waste more time than I already did staring at a door, what really mattered was who was inside and if he would scare me shitless or have mercy. 

"Come in." 

My heartbeat quickened when a deep voice answered my knock. With sweaty hands, I opened the door, meeting eyes with mesmerizing green ones. Letting myself inside, I stood by the door, conflicted under his eyes. This man was gorgeous. I probably shouldn't be saying things like that, but he was like a model on the cover of a magazine. Ivan Givenchy, AKA Lindsay's dad, the man who swooned over smarts and thought of me as a prodigy. He stood from his seat, his face changed from stressed and sleep-deprived to starstruck so quickly, 

"Alex?"

When I first got here, I thought I would be getting yelled at by a scary businessman and threatened with fines that would need to be paid until my bloodline ran out, but now, I'm sitting on a white leather couch with a cup of coffee and a very happy man. I was still baffled by the fact this was Lindsay's dad. Was he even aware of the fact he raised the devil reincarnated? Mostly because he was the book's definition of pure. He had light- almost white- hair, and pale glass skin, making him look like a glass sculpture, and his presence made me relax into a puddle. He might as well of have flowers floating around him as well. 

"It's been ages, Alex! How have you been? Still getting those perfect grades?"

He was glowing, still interested, and happy to see me even after I fucked off to another high school without a goodbye. This man was truly a saint. 

"You know I have Mr. Givenchy. How have you been?"

His smile just seemed to get bigger with each passing word, I couldn't help but return it.

"Oh well, the usual, business is booming and workload feels like it's growing more and more with each investment, but I couldn't be happier."

This was a problem, how was I going to break the news about how shitty his daughter is when he just wants to talk about our lives?

"You seem to be thinking hard, has something happened? Do you need some help?"

I smiled at him, so glad he started a conversation so I didn't need to butt in with my problems while he spoke about his family vacations, 

"There is actually... It's about Lindsay."

"Oh, I see. She's done something bad again, hasn't she?"

"Unfortunately."

Mr. Givenchy sighed heavily, indicating this was not the first time Lindsay had caused a scene. He reclined into the couch, groaning and pressing his palms on his eyes. His mood switching from stressed to happy and back did not seem good for his health.

"I'm getting too old for this. All I wanted was for her to take the business so I could relax and retire."

"Is that why you wanted her to study more?"

"Precisely, but then I realised comparing her to you wasn't going to help at all, but instead, it made it worse. I apologised and eased up on her, but I fear that I let her go too much..."

"How so?"

He paused. Taking his hands off his eyes, he grabbed his cup and took a sip, before gesturing around the house,

"You see these walls? This house was built for Lindsay. After I talked it out with her, I told her I'd give her anything she wanted to make up for what I did. I hoped our relationship could be better, but she took advantage of me, and it took too long for me to realise."

That made a lot more sense, but I didn't know how to respond. I stayed staring at my cup, watching the coffee bounce and ripple in the cup like a like in my hands.

"That bad huh? This isn't the first time she's fucked up people's lives- pardon my language."

I laughed at that, hearing me seemed to make Mr. Givenchy ease up a little. Talking about his daughter's fuck ups must have been a sensitive subject, especially one to talk to me about. 

"So, what did she do this time?"

He smiled again, lightening the mood, but it didn't help. I would have to explain everything I went through because of Lindsay. I couldn't brush it off anymore, I wouldn't. She deserved what was coming for her. I started to explain, but as soon as I did, A pair of heels was heard clicking down the hallway. The louder they got, the eerier. Finally, it stopped, and in replacement, the door flung open to reveal Lindsay, who saw me and sneered in disgust. 

"What is he doing here?"