31.

Aether

"Talk, Andilet."
I moaned and threw my head into my hands,
"Seriously, the last name? You know I would never do that to him."
"How would I? I only know you as the guy I tried getting with when I was in denial about liking Gwen."
I thought about that for a short moment before reclining into the soft cushion of the dim cafe. After Eternity had replied, I asked to meet as soon as she could. She was mad, she had seen the video as well and tried to get ahold of Alex all morning, but each text was left on sent and every call was sent instantly to voicemail. She would have combusted with stress if not for Gwen supporting her and a call from her parents telling her he arrived home without notice, clearly very shaken up. She said he had cried for hours in his mother's arms until he could only chock out dry heaves and sobs, passing out of exhaustion. This crushed me, knowing he was in such pain for something that was misunderstood, as much as I wanted and needed to hold him though, I also knew he needed to think about this, so when it came time for us to talk, he would be calm and collected, then we could hopefully reconcile and be joined by the hip once more. The first step to the plan though, was through Eternity. Pressing my fingertips together, I opened my eyes and focused steadily on Eternity's equally intense stare. She wanted answers, but I was just as confused as she was. I'd have to make up the plan as I spoke,
"I can only tell you what I think I know now, but remember, I might be wrong about some things."
She relaxed a fraction, but her jaw was set tight as ever as she leaned forwards, arms resting on her knees. Breath in. Breath out.
"Yesterday, Lindsay caught me alone, and tried to get me to go home with her." Eternity nods for me to continue,
"I said no so many times, but she wouldn't stop, until she forced herself on me, then I kinda punched her. Hard." Eternity sipped on her tea to hid her grin, but I could see the humoured glint in her eyes. Soon, she became serious again.
"Sorry she did that to you. Are you okay?" I smiled and took a sip of my own coffee,
"Yeah, I am now, but last night, it shook me and I took it out on Alex. That's why I came back the morning after, to apologise and talk about it, but then he..." The memories still fresh, I couldn't utter the words. Eternity seemed to understand, she watched me with a thoughtful stare before sighing and repositioning herself on the lush green couch.
"How did you find out? Assuming you saw the video."
"My phone was bombed with notifications. They kept coming, and all of them were gross stuff about Alex and me."
"Everyones been in denial about you liking men, it's become a bit of an obsession to talk about, especially among the girls who you've been with."
"It's so... Why do people find it so hard to except the fact i'm not attracted to girls? I'm still the same as before, just not with women and utterly in love." My eyes widen at my realisation. I quickly covered my mouth and looked up at Eternity, who already had her eyes wide, her other features neutral. her face said it all, she was silently asking 'really?'
I nodded. There was no reason to hide, now that the chances of ever having a future with him has slipped from my fingers like flowing sand. All Eternity did was sigh, something she had seemed to be doing all day, but this time, she smiled.
"Good for you. I have a feeling he loves you back."
My heart pounded at that thought, could he really?
"Well, now it's more of a did. Not after what happened, so keep talking."
"Damn okay, so Lindsay sent a video she knew would get spread, but I also think she somehow got Alex's number and sent it to him privately, knowing him, he would be sent it considering the limited friendships he has. So, one was sent directly to him to break us up, and the other was sent out to give people the false hope I was straight again." Eternity just glared directly at me, eyes trained on me, she looked even more tense then before.
"God, that bitch is so messed up. She used all that brain power because she got rejected?"
I kept quiet. I thought about why this was happening, why she couldn't just leave me alone, why he left me.
"Hey. None of this is your fault. She's just a manic, you had every right to reject her."
I looked up at Eternity with a nee glimmer. She was right, I was overthinking. Her words lifted me, made me feel much better, better then when I almost drowned it useless thoughts.
"I'll tell you my parents address, but you have to ask to talk to him yourself. Make sure you know what to say, and say it clearly, or you're going to freak him out even more." I jumped up from my seat so quickly, the little couch nudged back, scrapping the wooden floors deafeningly. I didn't care about the noise I was making, not when the chance to get my picture perfect relationship and man I love most back.
"Really? Thank you so much!"
"You still owe me one though, and I think I can think of a few things i want..."
"I'll give you anything, thanks again."
She chuckled at me eager bouncing, until her smile faded into a calm, rested look.
"He's always done this. Run back home in fear and hiding of his problems. Even before, while we lived with them he would run into my mothers arms whenever he was scared to sleep alone, or when the kids would call him names at school." She spoke low and stared into her coffee cup, tracing the rim of the cup over and over,
"I hope with you, he'll find a new home to run to when he needs support. My parents aren't going to be around forever, and with you, it could be a nice change."
All I could do was stare back at her in admiration. She was very closed off, but she had so many thoughts and love for those important to her. I grinned wide,
"I promise I won't let you down."
Laughing and smiling wider when I had ever seen her, she chuckled to herself,
"Alex was right about everything he said about you."
I stopped moving,
"He talks about me? To you? Someone who couldn't care less about anybody's relationship?"
"Hell yeah he does, and he does not shut up, no matter how many times I ask him to."
She smiled warmly as she passed me a small card with an address scrawled messily,
"Don't worry. I know you can do it. It'll work out just the way you want."
She winked before standing up and stretching widely.
"Thanks but... Do you mind writing that again? I can't read it."
"For fucks sake, give me the paper."