10.

Currently, it is 2:00pm. In just 1 hour, Aether will be hear, at my apartment complex, to pick me up for a date. Still so much time to get ready, and even some left to do whatever I like. But, alas, I am thrashing around my room panicking and frantically getting ready for a date I suggested. It was hard enough asking Aether out, and it most definitely would have been worse if he didn't read my mind like he always seems to do...

This is fine. It'll be easy. Very easy.  Suuuper simple. Just go up to him when he's alone and casually- very casually ask- "Heyy, so, Sunday's weather is pretty nice, do you wanna maybe go-" My thought where slapped out of my brain when I ran into an all too familiar smile.

"Alex!"

Oh no. this was a bad idea. Nope nope nope. Where's the exit? Why is the doors so far away!?

"Alex? Are you ok? You're sweating... a lot."

Nows the chance. Just do it Alex! Its just a guy. A guy with flowing blonde hair, cutest smile and sweet words. Crap, I think I just made things harder for myself. Here goes nothing-

"Yes the weather on Sunday is great, yes I would love to go with you and yes, I will be picking you up."
What just-

"How did you?- I didn't even-?!"

"I could just... tell."

My fingers stretch out my face in remembrance of that smile. All full of happiness and mischief. I grip my shirt and screw my eyes tight. Why am I feeling this way? I don't want too. Not yet, Not now. It all feels too... real. and so soon as well. Am I really going to throw away all the pain and tears, for one guy? Especially one that's never dated a guy before and has only ever had hundreds of experience with girls?

I never got to think about it seriously, as my adrenaline has roared to life and kicked me in the ass. Standing up like an army soldier, I march to my desk and grab my cologne, spraying it on every inch of my body, heavy on where Aether might be closer to. Panicking a bit more, I pace around a bit more, then stop to stare into the mirror. I quickly look away, knowing that I will find the smallest imperfection, which will lead to more, till eventually, I conclude the imperfection as me as a living being. Relaxing my body on the couch worked wonders, I could feel myself floating to a new world, when a knock awoke me.

As I open the door, I look carefully to see Aether smiling softly, holding a small cactus.
"I hope you like it."
He grinned sheepishly, one of my favourite of his smiles, among many others.
"I love it. I was meaning to buy one."
"Oh thank god, I was freaking out the whole way incase you hated it."
I opened the door wider to let Aether step in and look around.
"I hope you like this then..."
Instantly feeling awkward after speaking, I stop and stare at Aether instead, watching his eyes glow under the tacky light.
"Yeah I like it. I like it a lot. Its very... you."
He breathes out his words, like my small, run down apartment came in as a shock to him.
Keeping the silence, I take the baby cactus from Aether, who is still looking around, and walk into my room to set it on the windowsill, Aether following close behind.

After a while, Aether was still looking around, so I took the chance to suggest we leave. He seemed a little sad to leave so soon, me on the other hand, completely relieved. A minute longer and he would have found something very embarrassing. The ride to the park was treacherous. We were both silent, some perky girl speaking on the radio to ease some of the awkwardness, but berely any at all. As an overthinker, I started to immediately assume the worse. Was he regretting coming out here with me? Was I doing something in his car he didn't like? Hell, do I smell bad?

My thoughts where getting the best of me. Palms sweaty and skin no longer feeling alone in my clothes, my emotions were soon going to unravel, until I felt a feather soft touch on my hand. A touch so airy, I almost didn't realise a hand was there. My body that was once tense, turned into jello in almost seconds from just one touch.
"You okay? You've been a mess since I got to yours."
"I'll be fine, just a little nervous. It's been a while since i've... gone out."
Aether nodded silently, keeping his eyes on the road. The rest of the way was once again silent, but I sat content with Aether's hand on mine.

I had zoned out the rest of the ride, eventually snapping back into reality when I feel the car stop. Aether gets out quickly and speed walks over to my car door, swinging it open and bowing like a gentleman. I laughed wholeheartedly, and took his hand and stepped out. He lead me by hand to the center, which had the grass cut into a big heart. My brain scattered at the thoughtful gesture. Aethers hand tugs at mine, bringing me over and together, we set up a blanket and sit together in the heart shaped grass.
I couldn't help but gasp at the smallest things, nor could I explain the immense feelings of joy, excitement, gratefulness exploding in me, so I scooted closer to Aether and wrapped my arms around his neck, smashing my lips to his in a tight lock.

All my worries where for nothing. The date was perfect. The weather was clear, the sky bright and beautiful trees surrounding us to give the perfect ratio of sun and shade. I could feel that Aether was having a good time too, at least I hope so. The park around as was stunning, but I noticed he would only ever look at me. Making eye contact with him made me so nervous. His energy I was used to at school and everywhere else was strong, confident and cold, but here together, he seemed so glad to be with me. After what happened with my first love, I vowed to never allow myself to fall in love so quickly again, but Aether Andilet was making it much more difficult then I thought.