sixteen: you can't kill me

"They can keep me out till I tear the walls,
till I save your heart and to take your soul"
» Seven devils, Florence + the machine

Tw: slightly attempt of abuse

✞︎

Rory barely touched her food when Harry had already devoured the two burgers and fries he ordered and drank two large glasses of strawberry milkshake. Then he ordered twenty chicken nuggets and squeezed six sachets of ketchup on top. He ate as if it had been weeks since he'd eaten a crumb of bread, mumbling things like how amazing it was to be able to eat again. Rory didn't ask him what he meant, she just watched as Harry ate like an animal and ignored her, focusing on his food while she slowly chewed and analyzed Harry's strange behavior. She didn't know if it was due to the coming full moon but he had woken up acting frantic, sarcastic and sassy.

He also kept looking at the young waitress in the short dress as if he wanted to eat her too, treating her too friendly every time she bring him some order or take away the empty plates, flirting with her. Flirtations that were returned by the waitress with the big tits, squeaky voice and nose piercing. Rory wasn't one of those extremely jealous girls but she felt a bit annoyed and irritated, she knew that she and Harry had something but it was nothing official yet, so she decided to keep quiet to not come out with some stupid comment full of jealousy. Her face already said it all. Apparently Harry hadn't totally changed after all, he still had that cheeky and jerk side from years ago.

Which was why Rory decided to go for the effective, tired of the little stares and smirks between them, as if she was painted on the wall being totally ignored. With a subtle and discreet movement of her head she caused the contents of the blender the waitress was using at that moment to spill in all directions, messing up her clothes and ruining her perfectly exaggerated makeup. And with Harry, with a simple glance at his basket of nuggets when he was distracted, she made appear a giant hairy spider.

He let out a tremendous scream that startled the entire restaurant and then quickly got up and left the place. Rory apologized with a fake smile to the waitress leaving a bill for both meals before following in Harry's footsteps.

Both times she burst out in laughter behind her hand helplessly, and though she felt a little bad for dirtying up the waitress she didn't regret her small revenge.

"I didn't know you were afraid of spiders." Rory commented to Harry in a voice full of innocence, the ghost of a smirk on her lips. He grunted and grimaced.

"That thing was huge and it came out of my food! How else would it-?" Harry stopped as he realized something and folded his arms causing Rory to stop walking as well "It was you, wasn't it?" He brought his tongue to the side of his mouth.

"Me?" Rory pointed at herself and looked at him as if that was impossible.

"Mhm, with your witchy powers, did you feel like doing a prank on me?" Harry arched an eyebrow and stepped forward tilting his face inches away from Rory, smiling with amusement and mockery "Why, were you jealous?"

Rory rolled her eyes letting out a snort and opened her mouth to refute that but Harry raised his index finger and pressed it to her lips shutting her up.

"You were, babydoll, don't deny it. It's sexy to see you like this. You're so adorable, it was a good joke." Harry smirked sideways and lowered his finger tracing a path from her chin to her chest where she had her Onyx necklace dangling "How lucky I am to have gotten myself a witch, the things we could accomplish together..." Harry muttered cocking his head to the side. Rory felt a strange shiver run down her spine, looking into his dark green eyes that seemed empty and bleak.