fifteen: better than ever

"It came without warning
Now I'm wounded
You're so ruthless darling"
»Blood Red, The Maine

✞︎

When Harry returned home after dropping Rory off at her door and apologizing to her dad for how late it was, he found a note from his mom in the kitchen informing him that Anne had gone out for dinner with some friends from work and she would be late. She had left food made for him and Harry thanked her mentally because he was starving and didn't have much energy to cook.

Everything that happened in the evening had left him exhausted, especially the events with Rory. Even though he should be thinking about what they had found out about Joseph and how close they were to probably ending all this madness and nightmare, Harry couldn't get Rory and what they had done out of his mind. Ever since he'd tasted her addictive lips and kissed against that bookshelf and then in that church office how she'd felt around his fingers, warm and tight, her sensual, sweet moans had been the most perfect symphony to his ears. He had felt drunk and dizzy just watching her facial expressions of pleasure and her huge smile of satisfaction.

All that had only made Harry want her more intensely, he needed her in every way. But beyond the sexual, Harry adored Rory, his heart had always belonged to her and now he just wanted to be always with her, to protect her and make her happy, because Rory in such a short time had made him feel alive again. When he had once felt dead, lonely and desolate, she had came to his life at the perfect moment. Not only to save him, but to let him know that he could still be happy despite the misery he was living through. Her light was as radiant and precious as the moon and the sun. He was willing to sacrifice himself for her, to die for her.

But he begged to any higher being to give them a chance to get out of this, to be able to pack their things and leave that town together.

No one was going to make him feel the way she did, maybe they were a couple of kids but Harry felt she was the one, his soul recognized her and longed for her.

Looking at the pendant around his neck and the rings on his hands, he smiled letting out a dreamy sigh as he cleaned up a bit the mess he had made in the kitchen. Black Dog by Led Zeppelin was playing on the radio and Harry was singing loudly and washing the dirty dishes to the rhyme of the song, moving his shoulders and shaking his ass. Arabella lay lying on the floor staring at him as if he had gone mad and the music was so loud to her old ears that she left the kitchen to take refuge in a quieter place.

"Heyy babyy, Oh babyyyy, Pretty babyyy, Move me like you're doin' nowww..." He sang making faces, mimicking the electric guitar solo with a spatula which he then put it away in the drawers. It had been a long, long time since he had been in such a good mood and enjoying the music this way.

When the song and his cleaning job in the kitchen were over, Harry went to his room to take a shower and although he thought about getting ahead of the homework he had due for Monday so that the next day would be dedicated to Rory and helping her with the spell, the bath had made him very sleepy. There was no way he could stay awake, his eyes were closing and he was yawning every second. He took off his rings and necklaces leaving them on his desk and stayed in just his underwear, he liked sleeping like that.

But then a noise outside his room alerted him. Harry thought it had been the breeze and tree branches bumping against his window but the sound had come from outside. He checked around and Arabella wasn't in his room, so maybe it had been her from some corner of the house but Harry knew that in the situation he was in, it could be the fucking spirits that wanted to disturb him. Letting out a sigh and squeezing his eyes shut praying that it wasn't them because he was exhausted and wanted to sleep, he opened the door to his room and started calling his cat.